Rent Expansion | The Boneyard

Rent Expansion

Reaction Score
When I was an undergrad, I heard there was a plan for expanding the Rent when it was built. I think the figure I heard at the time was 60k. Does anybody know anything about this? Obviously we’re not even hitting 40k, so I’m not advocating for this… more curious than anything.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
It was designed to be expandable.

In the preliminary plans, Robert Kraft was going to put a helipad behind one of the field goal posts so he could fly between here, Patriot Place, and the Purple Orchid in West Palm Beach FL.

Reaction Score
While doing a google search, I found a very interesting article about Rentschler Field that goes back to when it was first built and was a state of the art facility. It also goes into the history of the airfield. It is well worth a read. I won't copy everything but note the following:

Rentschler Field, located in East Hartford, opened on Aug. 30, 2003, as the Huskies defeated Big Ten Conference member Indiana, 34-10.

UConn has now played 19 games in the facility over the past three seasons and has posted an impressive 15-4 record at Rentschler Field. The six home wins there in 2004 set a UConn single-season record.

The Huskies played before sellouts crowds in all six of their home games in 2005 with the Syracuse game televised live nationally by ESPN and the South Florida game marked UConn’s first appearance on ABC Television.

The 2004 football season at Rentschler Field saw the Huskies play before sold out crowds of 40,000 in six of seven games with two of those contests televised nationally before a primetime audience.

UConn sold 24,000 season tickets for football at Rentschler Field for the 2004 season and finished the season ranked 26th in the nation - and first in the BIG EAST - in attendance based on percentage of capacity.

Reaction Score
IF the Rent expands I hope they go with more of horseshoe and don't fill in the end zone with the view towards Hartford. Build up the side across from the press tower and build above the student section.
Ftfy

Reaction Score
While doing a google search, I found a very interesting article about Rentschler Field that goes back to when it was first built and was a state of the art facility. It also goes into the history of the airfield. It is well worth a read. I won't copy everything but note the following:

Rentschler Field, located in East Hartford, opened on Aug. 30, 2003, as the Huskies defeated Big Ten Conference member Indiana, 34-10.

UConn has now played 19 games in the facility over the past three seasons and has posted an impressive 15-4 record at Rentschler Field. The six home wins there in 2004 set a UConn single-season record.

The Huskies played before sellouts crowds in all six of their home games in 2005 with the Syracuse game televised live nationally by ESPN and the South Florida game marked UConn’s first appearance on ABC Television.

The 2004 football season at Rentschler Field saw the Huskies play before sold out crowds of 40,000 in six of seven games with two of those contests televised nationally before a primetime audience.

UConn sold 24,000 season tickets for football at Rentschler Field for the 2004 season and finished the season ranked 26th in the nation - and first in the BIG EAST - in attendance based on percentage of capacity.

And then Hathaway ended the dream by hiring Pasqualoni and his offensive line buddy..........

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom