Rent Expansion Bonding Approved | The Boneyard

Rent Expansion Bonding Approved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Family friend is a CT State Rep and told my father that the bonding to finance the 10,000 seat expansion at the rent was just approved by the state legislature. No idea how this got through in the current fiscal state that CT is in, but at least it will help out UConn. Take this fwiw because my father also said it was going up behind the scoreboard. I said that made no sense and that maybe he mis-heard because there is no way it isn't going to be another deck on the home sideline. Either way, hope this is true and is a sign of other big future announcements....

Reaction Score
Family friend is a CT State Rep and told my father that the bonding to finance the 10,000 seat expansion at the rent was just approved by the state legislature. No idea how this got through in the current fiscal state that CT is in, but at least it will help out UConn. Take this fwiw because my father also said it was going up behind the scoreboard. I said that made no sense and that maybe he mis-heard because there is no way it isn't going to be another deck on the home sideline. Either way, hope this is true and is a sign of other big future announcements....
Best football and CR news in a long time

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Best football and CR news in a long time

I'll assume the justification for the increase would need to be in the bonding paperwork and retrievable via FOI?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
If true there must be a very specific blueprint with milestones we need to hit for things to happen...

Reaction Score
Here is the list of the bonding commission. He is on this list

Honorable Dannel P. Malloy Governor and Chairman

Honorable Benjamin Barnes, Secretary of the Office of Policy and Management

Honorable Denise L. Nappier, State Treasurer

Honorable Kevin P. Lembo, State Comptroller

Honorable George C. Jepsen, Attorney General

Honorable Melody A. Currey, Commissioner of the Department of Administrative Services

Honorable John W. Fonfara, Senator and Co-Chair Finance Revenue and Bonding Committee

Honorable Jeffrey J .Berger, Representative and Co-Chair Finance Revenue and Bonding Committee

Honorable L. Scott Frantz, Senator and Ranking Member Finance Revenue and Bonding Committee

Honorable Christopher Davis, Representative and Ranking Member Finance Revenue and Bonding Committee

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
58316174.jpg

Reaction Score
I'll have to prod him on it because he wouldn't just drop 10,000 seat expansion is happening like that if it was only drainage repairs. He is a season ticket holder and I have gone to many UConn games with him and his son. This is something I know he is vested in and would like to make happen for UConn and the state.

Reaction Score
Troll....;) No way anybody in their right mind is going to add to a stadium by 20% in a end zone. This eliminating the board for seats of the least value and nowhere else to put the board. The original plan has not been altered or would have been exposed before this grand announcement.
Renderings Show Rentschler Field Expansion Possibilities
Name your daddies buddy or forever hold your trolling rumors...I'll eat the troll crow if I am wrong on this gladly but also be sad that our state is dumb enough to expand with such a bad design idea should it be true. Head bang

Reaction Score
I can't see us expanding unless we've been accepted to a P5 conference. We can't fill what we have now. I do think if we were in the ACC/Big XII/B1G we'd have no problem filling it, though.

Reaction Score

I doubt it, but maybe they snuck it in under item 39 on page 48.

30 million for the "local capital improvement fund".

But I think this is State bonding $$$ reimbursing towns and cities for local projects.

However, It could be covered by putting it under letter "D" in item 29

But, I'm thinking troll

Reaction Score
No trolling. As I said, it makes ZERO sense to expand behind the scoreboard so take it fwiw. However, I also know this guy personally and don't think he'd just spew @#@^. He is a state rep and on the bonding commission. My pops is in his 70s now so him referring to the expansion going behind the board may be his brain skipping a beat.

Reaction Score
No trolling. As I said, it makes ZERO sense to expand behind the scoreboard so take it fwiw. However, I also know this guy personally and don't think he'd just spew @#@^. He is a state rep and on the bonding commission. My pops is in his 70s now so him referring to the expansion going behind the board may be his brain skipping a beat.

Does your friend also frequent the same carwash as Athlete? Does he have Wake Forest ties? These are key questions we need answers to.

Reaction Score
Troll....;) No way anybody in their right mind is going to add to a stadium by 20% in a end zone. This eliminating the board for seats of the least value and nowhere else to put the board. The original plan has not been altered or would have been exposed before this grand announcement.
Name your daddies buddy or forever hold your trolling rumors...I'll eat the troll crow if I am wrong on this gladly but also be sad that our state is dumb enough to expand with such a bad design idea should it be true. Head bang

Dude. Have a scotch. Not ever misstatement is made by a troll. Someone in a chain of communication got a fact wrong. Chill.

We will not expand by 10k other than the way that is planned. Whether or not the Bonding Commission (which asks the Finance Committee and then the General Assembly to approve the bonding package) or the legislature itself did something, it's just a discernible fact.

Reaction Score
Does your friend also frequent the same carwash as Athlete? Does he have Wake Forest ties? These are key questions we need answers to.
Does not drive a RR & hates men in top hats....hope this doesn't discredit him

Reaction Score

Teach you to drop a nugget like that w/o a notarized statement and line item # and language --- LOL.

Reaction Score
Does not drive a RR & hates men in top hats....hope this doesn't discredit him

You could be right, but is your family friend Jeff Berger or Chris Davis?
Those are the only state reps on the list you provided

Reaction Score
You could be right, but is your family friend Jeff Berger or Chris Davis?
Those are the only state reps on the list you provided
Yes, but before I get further down this rabbit hole let me ask directly what I can/can't say and confirm what my pops told me. Sorry for the tease, but looks like unless I have a notarized copy of the transcript you'll all be screaming troll....can't get anything past the BY

Reaction Score
Relax. Today was a one day special legislative session to approve $220 million for Sikorsky. Nothing else. The votes were 35-1 in the Senate and 136-6 in the House. No other business was transacted. Back to the fall campaign.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

you don't have to be a DB
The guy's Dad heard something from a bonding committee member
Take it for what its worth
I hope you end up eating crow

My only question - why add 10,000 more seats that will be empty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom