Reno Talks The Game | The Boneyard

Reno Talks The Game

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
As of Monday 5000 tickets sold.

Article and video with minutes 6-10 about game and Gabby. First minute of video segment (min. 6) may get you a little POed.

"While UConn being in town is the big draw, Levens wants fans to be impressed with her team. Nevada is 3-2 this season and won the Nugget Classic over the weekend for the first time since 2010. Levens is hopeful the big crowd sees how hard the Wolf Pack plays and decides to attend future games.

“Honestly, I think if people come out and watch us play, they’ll want to come back,” said Levens, a Nevada assistant from 2003-08. “Our team is fun to watch, they play as a team, they play with a lot of energy and they’re selfless and share the ball, and that’s a fun brand of basketball to watch.”

Wolf Pack women brace for its toughest test ever – hosting No. 1 UConn

Reaction Score
Painful to listen to. One of the guys thinks women's basketball has not made it as far as men's. Wow. They finally figured that out in Reno, eh?

Reaction Score
One of them will be covering the game, and has already interviewed Gabby as prep for this. Another one of them is going to buy a ticket and attend, with the intention of writing a column on it. And at least two of them saw Gabby play in high school. You could do a lot worse.

True, they aren’t rating this event as the biggest sports event in school history. But the reality is it isn’t. Volunteer butt whoopin’ as a favor to Gabby & Geno, with side benefits of national TV, big crowd and corresponding potential recruiting boost. It’s not like everyone will be watching this game thinking they might knock off UConn.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just an interesting note at the bottom. Game day tickets are $15/10 (adult/child - they didn't say what the pre-sale was and who knows what the season ticket price is, but ...

They have sold 5000 tickets at a decent price - there are a lot of P5 teams we play that are basically giving their women's tickets away to anyone who buys a men's ticket to curling. I think that is pretty impressive - the minimum gate is going to be over $50,000.

And part of the reason is probably because sports guys like these have mentioned it in passing over the last couple of weeks.

Reaction Score
Someone should alert these folks that there will be no game on Tuesday. According to the espnw women basketball page I just checked to see what time the game will be on

Women's Basketball - ESPN

There are no NCAAW events for Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Talk about no respect :)

Reaction Score
Someone should alert these folks that there will be no game on Tuesday. According to the espnw women basketball page I just checked to see what time the game will be on

Women's Basketball - ESPN

There are no NCAAW events for Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Talk about no respect :)
??? Using your link I found it listed under both “Scores” and “Schedule.”

Reaction Score
Just an interesting note at the bottom. Game day tickets are $15/10 (adult/child - they didn't say what the pre-sale was and who knows what the season ticket price is, but ...

They have sold 5000 tickets at a decent price - there are a lot of P5 teams we play that are basically giving their women's tickets away to anyone who buys a men's ticket to curling. I think that is pretty impressive - the minimum gate is going to be over $50,000.

And part of the reason is probably because sports guys like these have mentioned it in passing over the last couple of weeks.
They are $10 for adults right now and a regular game for Nevada is $8. Dont rember kids price. South Carolina leads in attendance but some of their tickets are only $2.00.

Reaction Score
Painful to listen to. One of the guys thinks women's basketball has not made it as far as men's. Wow. They finally figured that out in Reno, eh?

I was a huge Men's BB Fan, College and pro---I hope Women's basketball never evolves in that mode. \
The beauty of teams (Women's) like Uconn is their precision: precision in passing, execution, assists. I haven't seen men play in so long I don't know if their (non layup)shooting is better that these ladies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I was tickled by the new coach checking the game schedule and seeing UConn and what! Gotta be a typo. But no. So what was she quietly thinking: I don't even know my players and we are going up against the leviathan of WCBB! Well, hopefully by now she has embraced the horror.

Reaction Score
Can't wait for tonight's game. Much respect to Nevada for agreeing to the game unlike a certain scaredy-cat in upstate New York.

Great exposure for Nevada's WBB program as this will be their first ever televised game with record attendance. UCONN continues to grow the game.

Reaction Score
Given that these are 3 jock guys who struggle with flat tires, I think they were pretty enthusiastic and respectful. Certainly, a ways to go in gaining equal respect, but, again, given who and where they are, it's pretty appreciative.

Considering the sources----pretty respectful--"Now let's talk about the upcoming high-school schedule." They kept their emotions under control at the chance to see, the return of "the Nations's Best Women's Collegiate Basketball Player! (My caps and exclamation point). "I'll buy a ticket and watch it on TV, writing my article from my lounger." It couldda been woise, and it could have been better.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The crowd size was a very nice 7,815. That blew away the old women's record by about 3,000.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom