Renew The UConn-BC Rivalry Only If There's Football -- Jacobs | The Boneyard

Renew The UConn-BC Rivalry Only If There's Football -- Jacobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
BC won't do it. They won't probably rather see us right where we are right now. An irrelevant mess.

Reaction Score
BC won't do it. They won't probably rather see us right where we are right now. An irrelevant mess.
There's too big a market here. Look at the concentration of football programs down south. I could imagine the NCAA wants to see more programs develop in the northeast for the sake of TV money, at least. NCAA > Boston College.

Personally, I think BC fans enjoy the rivalry. And I mean on the field, court or ice. They'll be kicking our butts for a while in the Hockey East. A nice co-incidence we'll be playing BC and ND in the Hockey East.

Reaction Score
BC can't afford to play UConn every year in football. They'll have 9 ACC games soon. Can't happen. Once in a while, yes.

Reaction Score
Doubt it will ever happen. Regardless what happened on the field, BC would be helping uconn.

JJ better not hold his breath on this one.

Reaction Score
My guess is the BC-UConn matchup in football comes sort of like this one did, in a bowl game in North Carolina or Florida or somewhere.

Reaction Score
My guess is the BC-UConn matchup in football comes sort of like this one did, in a bowl game in North Carolina or Florida or somewhere.

it won't be a BCS bowl game because BC doesn't go to those.

Reaction Score
... or, due to Warde Manuel's and BCU AD Brad Bater's long-time friendship in the MAC and back to their Michigan football days. Flipper's gone; get 'er done Warde!

Reaction Score
When we get something out of adding them on a regular basis in all sports, and football is an annual game.....I would not give BC a thing. They can not be trusted......
When they assist us in CR....then its time to start th THAW....until then, I prefer to puke and spit on them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
What's ironic about this is that we play them in practically every other sport, and in some cases we play them annually. Then you have the sport with the highest travel costs and the potential to build some regional interest for two teams that have 4 hour drives to their closest conference opponents (every other year) - and they won't play us.

I would also note that the BC fans were not so pleased with the crowd in conte the last time we played men's bball there. I think that was 2004. It was 50% uconn and Big Red was leading U-C-O-N-N chants. I would guess that women's bball was routinely the same.

Reaction Score
......... It was 50% uconn .........

I think it was often more than that. I was at the game where Donyell Marshall hit the shot at the buzzer, the place went crazy like a home game. Conte is an awful venue and I have no idea why recruits would choose to play a winter sport other than hockey at the Heights.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
There's too big a market here. Look at the concentration of football programs down south. I could imagine the NCAA wants to see more programs develop in the northeast for the sake of TV money, at least. NCAA > Boston College.
The NCAA is coming to save northeastern football? The same NCAA that banned us from the tourney last year? The same NCAA that gave UNC and Miami a slap on the wrist for much more egregious violations?

Reaction Score
The NCAA is coming to save northeastern football? The same NCAA that banned us from the tourney last year? The same NCAA that gave UNC and Miami a slap on the wrist for much more egregious violations?

SO true....so true!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate