OT: Reminder - Softball | The Boneyard

OT: Reminder - Softball

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
For those who are softball fans, season started last week, my Wildcats went 5-0 in a tourney at the Arizona Normal School, the best win was over Tennessee.

In any case, ESPN's "made-for-TV" classic down in Clearwater / St. Pete starts today, we (U of A) have our first home tourney with the highlight being Oklahoma (not sure how that will go, we have an OK transfer as our star pitcher), and I don't want anyone to miss it if they care.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I streamed UW's game yesterday. Looks like they might get rocked by Alabama today. All everything shortstop Sis Bates is out for some undisclosed reason. Ace pitcher Gabbie Plain has developed the bad habit of lifting her back foot (which is legal in international competition) and is getting illegal pitch calls left and right.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Ouch. 8-0, run rule victory for 'Bama. Plain doesn't have her stuff working currently and the Dawgs got completely shut down by a Fr. pitcher. Won't be #1 for long.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
For those who are softball fans, season started last week
Thanks for the thread/reminder. I like it when both WBB and Softball are in season. Caught a couple of games this afternoon but I am not too sure how many games will be televised/streamed after this weekend tho.
For WBB, obviously I am a Huskies fan but for SB, I like watching the SEC when conference games come around.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Thanks for the thread/reminder. I like it when both WBB and Softball are in season. Caught a couple of games this afternoon but I am not too sure how many games will be televised/streamed after this weekend tho.
For WBB, obviously I am a Huskies fan but for SB, I like watching the SEC when conference games come around.
You are correct. Not so many games on TV until April, but those last few weeks of conference season get really good coverage typically.

I enjoy watching the games on TV, of course as I have pointed out many times I don't get to watch the PAC network, but I'll watch anything high quality that's on.

Reaction Score
Washington had the dubious honor of playing Alabama after they were shown up by Florida State last weekend. I didn't know what to expect from FSU after losing their ace to graduation but they seem to have picked up right where they left off. They can certainly score runs in bunches.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I just taped the weekend TV coverage and it is actually pretty disappointing. Just a handful of games, although the games themselves look good.

Of course if you stream and have time, I believe you can watch the whole thing.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Bates is out again for UW today, no info available.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Hmm...Huskies faring much better so far today. Up 4-0 on FSU in the 5th. Fr. pitcher Lynch helped her own cause w/ a 3 run bomb. I kinda like it when pitchers bat and take matters into their own hands.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
What a difference a day makes. UW wins 7-0. Should have run ruled them in the 6th, wasted a bases loaded and no outs set up w/ 2 pop ups and a strike out.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Drama in the last game of the Clearwater Invitational. Florida St. was leading UCLA 2-1, runners on the corners, last out for UCLA. A drive to left, LF had it in her glove but hit the wall hard and dropped it. 2 came in. She was shaken up, couldn't stand up for several seconds. 3-2 UCLA bottom of the 7th, FSU still has a chance to tie or win.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Mississippi State beats Oregon State...... oohhh look now, Bulldog softball on the rise.

We play Oregon in an hour, and already lots of green and gold here.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Mississippi State beats Oregon State...... oohhh look now, Bulldog softball on the rise.

Any of these games televised?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Nope. Paid about 12 dollars a month.
I want to give your the fact of your reply a "Like" but the answer is not what I wanted to hear...:oops:

Reaction Score

Are you there? We need a bonafide pitching stud. We have some good arms, but we don't have an elite arm like the top teams.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Oh, boo hiss - Arizona lost to Texas A&M who isn't ranked (now), but then turned around and beat ranked Missouri.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
#2 Washington pounded #3 Oklahoma 12-2 today. Huskies had a hiccup game against Alabama, otherwise looking good so far.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom