Reminder: High School BB Events Today: CBS (1:30p-3p EDT) 3-Point Contest and ESPN (4p-5p EDT) McDonald's All American Game | The Boneyard

Reminder: High School BB Events Today: CBS (1:30p-3p EDT) 3-Point Contest and ESPN (4p-5p EDT) McDonald's All American Game

Reaction Score
As discussed mid-week, the time has come.

CBS: 1:30p-3p EDT: American Family Insurance High School Slam Dunk & 3-Point Championships

Elite high school basketball players from around the country hit the hardwood to compete in a slam dunk and 3-point shooting competitions, taking their next big step towards achieving their dream.

ESPN: 4p-5p EDT: 2021 McDonald's All American Game Special

Celebrating the elite boys and girls high school basketball players on the 2021 roster, featuring never-before-seen dunks and stories from this years esteemed class, conversations with the games famous alumni, and a look at the selection process.

It's important to note that the MLB Braves @ Phillies game, scheduled from 1p-4p EDT, could likely run past 4p EDT.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Caroline Ducharme won the 3-pt shooting contest against the boy's winner.

Go Caroline!
Azzi had an insane second round in the prelims scoring 26 of a possible 30 - don't think I have seen a men's or women's player hit that in competition and she did it in a boot - She went 22, 26, 18 Caroline went 17, 17, 18 and won on the strength of 17 baskets vs. Azzi 14 in the championship round (fifth ball of each rack is worth 2 points and Azzi hit 4 while Caroline hit 1.)

She then blew out the Men's champ who had a poor fourth round.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Azzi was also one of the 3 judges on the boys duck contest. She was in general one of the toughest judges. No Zion in the pack.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Azzi was light years ahead of everybody til that final round when it was tied for shots hit but Caroline had the most money balls. You can see really see it in her shot too. Just textbook form.

Reaction Score
Azzi was light years ahead of everybody til that final round when it was tied for shots hit but Caroline had the most money balls. You can see really see it in her shot too. Just textbook form.
Actually, as stated above, "Caroline went 17, 17, 18 and won on the strength of 17 baskets vs. Azzi 14 in the championship round (fifth ball of each rack is worth 2 points and Azzi hit 4 while Caroline hit 1)".

The tiebreaker was decided simply on the number of shots made. A money ball made counted just as another shot made.

Whichever Huskies coach works with the guards, she can just let these 2 conduct the 3-point practice sessions this summer.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
On the ESPN show with some of the kids showing their skill shots virtually, Asia Durr is one of the Commentators. Looks a bit beat up but hopefully, a good sign in her pose COVID recovery

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Caroline shoots from Poffenbarger-Dangerfield-Clark-Curry range.

Caroline Ducharme looks like a very good shooter. Azzi is as good as the women's game has seen. If you enjoyed Kaleena, you'll love Azzi.

Reaction Score
Interesting. They can shoot. Two things I noticed. Caroline Ducharme is still listed by ESPN as 5'10" and at 5'11". When they stood together Caroline Ducharme was easy 2" taller. has worn #35 - no problem. Caroline Ducharme wears #13...oh oh. Something has to change.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So the 26 from Azzi was 22 made shot out of 25 with 4 out 5 of the bonus balls - IN A BOOT!

I watched it 3x and disagree with the score. Here's the shot pattern I saw:

x $ $ $ $

$ $ $ $ $

x $ $ $ x

$ x $ $ $

$ $ $ $ $

That looks like 21 shots plus 4 money balls, or 25. Note that she had streaks of 9 in a row and 8 in a row.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I watched it 3x and disagree with the score. Here's the shot pattern I saw:

x $ $ $ $

$ $ $ $ $

x $ $ $ x

$ x $ $ $

$ $ $ $ $

That looks like 21 shots plus 4 money balls, or 25. Note that she had streaks of 9 in a row and 8 in a row.
So the official scores screwed up?
You got the center rack wrong - it was $$$$x. She made 13 in a row after her first miss, and only missed one shot in any rack and was perfect in the 2nd and 5th racks.
That first shot from the center barely tickled the twine it was so sweet.

Reaction Score
Dang!! That was some nice shooting, boss! Loved the shooting form by both players. Wow!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So the official scores screwed up?
You got the center rack wrong - it was $$$$x. She made 13 in a row after her first miss, and only missed one shot in any rack and was perfect in the 2nd and 5th racks.
That first shot from the center barely tickled the twine it was so sweet.

Ah, that makes sense. The camera angle was very close--too close. When I replay it, there is a brief skip and sometimes I see only 4 shots, but others I see 5. Weird!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom