Remind you of anyone? | The Boneyard

Remind you of anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
My section was okay, here and there were guys making noise consistently on defense, rest of the folks were clapping and sometimes cheering when something good happened or on 3rd down. Typical UConn crowd. The rows in front were a mix of 40-ish couples/families, a group of older men, and students/young alumni.

Maybe 10 minutes into the game a youngish guy and his dad (or at least a guy old enough to be his dad) get in. Young guy may or may not be buzzed, but he's not sloppy drunk (I think). Wearing a shirt with the previous version of the Husky logo.

He's cheering loudly on defense, that great, I join in, others join in. Navy gets the first down and is driving, people sit down, guy tries to get everyone to stand back up and cheer, but the whole section is sitting down now. "COME ON!!! YOU GUYS DON'T CHEER? MAKE SOME NOIIIIIIIIIIIZE!!!!!"

There's another Navy 3rd down, people cheer, Navy picks it up, people sit back down.

Guy is pissed. "AREN'T YOU ALUMS?" Yes, actually, we are. "THEN GET UP AND CHEER! COME THE duck* ON"

People are not impressed, trying to ignore. He's talking to the group of older guys in front of him, they're trying to laugh it off or whatever, he keeps talking... and talking and talking and talking and talking.

"THERE's 30,000 UCONN ALUMNI!"

I'm not sure what else he said at this point, something about conferences and what if alumni were cheering the team on... but then he short circuits.

First down - "30,000 ALUMNI"

Second down - "30,000 ALUMNI" (to the guys in front of him)

Third down "GET UP... 30,000 ALUMNI" (to the people behind)

Navy picks up a first down "30,000 ALUMNI WHY DON'T YOU CHEER"

etc., etc.

"WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU"

Group in front turns around "Ok, guy, we got it, fine... I got it alright?"

"30,000 ALUMNI"

Guy's dad (?) tells guy it's enough, shut up.

Guy does not stop

"ALL THE ALUMNI ARE duck*ING BUMS"

By the way, during this time we are getting up to cheer when it's like, normal to cheer - after plays on offense, while the play is being called when Navy has the ball, getting up for third downs even while Navy is going up 14-3 ...

"30,00 ALUMNIIIIII..."

The four older gentlemen in front leave, move to another section.

Oh and guy is the only person standing making the same level of noise that normal people make on defense "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" when UConn is calling a play on offense. Apparently he wants the crowd to get loud so Shirrefs can't audible or hike the ball? I guess?

"YOU GUYS SUCK"

He has actually done the exact opposite of what his goal was. It's amazing. People are rolling their eyes, annoyed, maybe on edge with this social misfit getting on their nerves, not into the game (of course, the score at this point had a lot to do with it).

Mercifully he and his old man get up and walk down to annoy another section. Or maybe he left, I don't know.

UConn scores a touchdown.

Section erupts, gets on their feet and cheers loudly.

Reaction Score
There's a guy in 125 who won't sit down. Ever. Up and down the stairs. Class clown. Was super annoying. Thought people were there to see him. Grey hair too. Clown

junglehusky

Reaction Score
HFD actually went to the game?
Now that I think about it... this guy didn't mention Warde at all. So maybe not him.

But I think I saw in instagram that HFD got Top of the Rent tickets so ...?

Reaction Score
Realistically there were 10k more fans than the Nova game but they were 10k blah fans. Both Army and Nova were louder. Can't wait for USF it feels wrong yelling at service members.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Realistically there were 10k more fans than the Nova game but they were 10k blah fans. Both Army and Nova were louder. Can't wait for USF it feels wrong yelling at service members.

I have a hard time with that too. I am at my best fandom when we are not playing Army/Navy because, at the end of the day, I can't bring up the usual bile hatred that I develop over a course of 3 hours for those guys that I do for everyone else.

Reaction Score
There was a guy in front of 103 standing near the handicap seats. On defense he would look up at section 203 and start waving his hands in the air telling people to stand up. All the while he is missing the play that he has his back to. Then on offense he starts yelling, screaming, and clapping. Security came and told him it was time to move behind the red line, so he begins backing up without looking behind him and gets about one step back from me and I kindly shove him to my left side. He tries to make small talk with me and asked me if I was a fan (im standing there in my Todman jersey). I told him I was bored and happened to come across the game. Five minutes later he asks me when I went to UConn. I told him I didnt.

Is there something with these @holes that make them believe that every fan is an alum of the school?

BTW, he was wearing red.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
HFD actually went to the game?
I thought this is where this story was going...then I get to the end and NOTHING...D&^n you JH for ruining my hopes that you actually found HFD

junglehusky

Reaction Score
I thought this is where this story was going...then I get to the end and NOTHING...D&^n you JH for ruining my hopes that you actually found HFD
#SorryNotSorry

Reaction Score
While I always hate the opponent, it is hard to hate on individuals that one day may protect our country. I just can't do it. Booing the yankees is one thing, but I can't do that to Army or Navy. How about a normal opponent!

Reaction Score
There was a guy in front of 103 standing near the handicap seats. On defense he would look up at section 203 and start waving his hands in the air telling people to stand up. All the while he is missing the play that he has his back to. Then on offense he starts yelling, screaming, and clapping. Security came and told him it was time to move behind the red line, so he begins backing up without looking behind him and gets about one step back from me and I kindly shove him to my left side. He tries to make small talk with me and asked me if I was a fan (im standing there in my Todman jersey). I told him I was bored and happened to come across the game. Five minutes later he asks me when I went to UConn. I told him I didnt.

Is there something with these @holes that make them believe that every fan is an alum of the school?

BTW, he was wearing red.
I too am not an alumni and it's always the total shucks who are like "oh so did you go to UCONN?" They probably just have no other way to start a conversation.

Reaction Score
There's a guy in 125 who won't sit down. Ever. Up and down the stairs. Class clown. Was super annoying. Thought people were there to see him. Grey hair too. Clown

I know exactly who you are taking about and can attest to your claim. Doesn't matter age stupid doesn't discriminate

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
After the first few sentences, I thought this was about me. Phewwww. It wasn't. I looked at my hat later on Sat and it was pretty beat up from me slamming it on the concrete every time Navy converted a 3rd down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom