Remembering Gianna | The Boneyard

Remembering Gianna

Reaction Score
1580125814182.png

Still terribly saddened by the loss of nine precious lives and knowing of Kobe and Gianna's dream to one day play for the Huskies, I thought that it would be nice for UConn to place something in the Werth Center posthumously recognizing her college dream....it could similar to the ones given to seniors on Senior Night, perhaps a framed photo like the one above along with a UConn #8 jersey and a letter of a scholarship offer knowing that no words or tributes can properly capture the devastating loss of a child....my thoughts and prayers to all....rest gently......

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Mike Anthony's story goes deeply into the deep connection between Geno, our players and Kobe / Gigi. So heartbreaking.

He was the dad of a little girl who dreamed of playing at UConn, a little girl he shared a basketball life with. Bryant never offered any past or present UConn players much advice when he visited the locker room. It wasn’t about that. It wasn’t about him.

“There’s nothing for me to really say,” Bryant said, “other than to just be a dad and enjoy them adopting my daughter as if she’s their little sister.”

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
It bothered me when I heard that Kobe was killed and I immediately thought how hard that would be on his daughter. Then I saw where she was also killed and it hit me even harder. Then I saw where one of her teammates was with them. Today they interviewed the husband of the female coach of Kobe's academy who was also killed. So sad. It is still bothering me.

Reaction Score
Haven't found this at NYPost.com o/l, but here is quote from today's print edition:

"Gianna was hoping to play college hoops for the Univ of Conn's powerhouse woman's huskies,Kobe revealed in 2018.
'She is hellbent on UConn. Really', Kobe was overheard telling former Indiana Pacers star Reggie Miller following a Lakers game at the LA Staples Center."

Reaction Score
I would expect them to do something before the game tonight. Many of the Team USA players knew him and some of our current players met him also. Gianna wanted to be a Huskie. Geno will definitely do the right thing as he always does.

Reaction Score
To me, the loss of Gigi is so devastating. How many of us spent every weekend going to AAU practice with our fathers. Shooting hoops with our dads after dinner. She could have been so many of us. I ache for what could have been. May her memory be a blessing.

Reaction Score
Mike Anthony's story goes deeply into the deep connection between Geno, our players and Kobe / Gigi. So heartbreaking.

He was the dad of a little girl who dreamed of playing at UConn, a little girl he shared a basketball life with. Bryant never offered any past or present UConn players much advice when he visited the locker room. It wasn’t about that. It wasn’t about him.

“There’s nothing for me to really say,” Bryant said, “other than to just be a dad and enjoy them adopting my daughter as if she’s their little sister.”
Totally heartwrenching! No words can begin to capture the sadness of the premature deaths of a loving Dad and his young aspiring daughter along with 5 others in a horrible crash

Reaction Score
Totally heartwrenching! No words can begin to capture the sadness of the premature deaths of a loving Dad and his young aspiring daughter along with 5 others in a horrible crash
Was 9 total that lost their lives ... prayers to all of their families

Reaction Score
Nice article in the post about Gianna's basketball future...many UCONN references...

“She was a little kid looking up at our players,” Auriemma told Sports Illustrated. “She was so excited. Imagine the absurdity of that. Your father is Kobe Bryant and the most excited you’ve been in a long time is being around college women’s basketball players. But that’s what it meant to her, what she aspired to be.

“You’ve got Gigi and her role models and people she looks up to, and then you’ve got our players looking at her dad. It was a real head-shaking scene. When she came up here on campus, if she could have stayed, I think she would have stayed.”

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Nothing points to the tragedy of potential denied as

Monday night, UConn kept a seat open in the middle of its bench in her memory with flowers and a No. 2 jersey. Gianna and Kobe attended a lot of Huskies games and the players on the team looked at her like a young sister.

“The love you saw when she came through the gym, we knew that she really wanted to be a part of this someday,” point guard Crystal Dangerfield told reporters. “That was probably the biggest thing that hit for me. She won’t have that opportunity. Growing up I had the dream to be here and to know that she won’t have that, it hurts.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom