Remember when we sent poor college kids to the Fiesta Bowl? | The Boneyard

Remember when we sent poor college kids to the Fiesta Bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well one of them is doing quite well. Please see below or the attached link, http://www.ursinusathletics.com/sports/fball/2012-13/releases/201212191s8bs0 Ben was the entrant that put together the music video "Love My Huskies". Congrats to him.

December 19, 2012
Abitz selected for coaching academy
Abitz1219.jpg

COLLEGEVILLE, Pa. – Ursinus College football senior running back Ben Abitz (Coventry, Conn./East Catholic) was one of 30 football players from all divisions selected to attend the 2013 Future Football Coaches Academy that will be held on January 6-8 at the AFCA Convention in Nashville, Tennessee.

The purpose of the program is to educate potential coaches on the various aspects of securing, managing and excelling as a coach at the intercollegiate level. The NCAA provides transportation and expenses for the participants.
The Academy will cover intercollegiate academic issues; how to build a successful football program; career opportunities within intercollegiate athletics; communication techniques; diversity and inclusion; lifestyle balance; management and fiscal responsibilities; NCAA compliance considerations; and the preparation of student-athletes for overall academic and athletic achievement in college.
"It's a great honor for Ben to be selected to attend this academy," said Ursinus head football coach Peter Gallagher. "He has worked hard both on the field and in the classroom and will be a standout in the coaching profession."
"Even during the recruiting process with Ben he was clear of his career goal of becoming a college football coach. It is no surprise that the AFCA has recognized his passion, desire, and aptitude with there appointment of him to the FFCA," added Gallagher.
Abitz, an All-Centennial All-Academic selection, appeared in all ten games this season making 18 tackles. A standout on special teams, he helped lead the Bears to a 6-4 mark this season and was apart of a senior class that graduated from Ursinus posting a winning record all four years.
"It's an honor to have been one of the 30 selected nationally. I owe a great deal of thanks to Coach Gallagher and Ursinus Athletic Director Laura Moliken," Abitz said. "I thank them for their support throughout my playing career and beyond."
"Additional thanks go to all the assistant coaches guiding me toward this great honor. I look forward to representing Ursinus Athletics in a first class manner in a national forum," Abitz added.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom