Remember When, Watch Now - Magnificent Maya. | The Boneyard

Remember When, Watch Now - Magnificent Maya.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
ESPN's crew analyzes the raw talent that Maya Moore has on the court, and Holly Rowe recalls the daggers the Minnesota Lynx star gave her after the ESPN reporter asked Moore how well she was playing.

[LINK]

Reaction Score
Will there ever be another?
I was broken hearted for her, losing her last championship game. She should have gone out a winner, but she had little support that night.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Will there ever be another?
I was broken hearted for her, losing her last championship game. She should have gone out a winner, but she had little support that night.

Me too. I think there will be another Maya. When and where she will turn up, I don't know. The second coming, whoever she is, will have to be athletic, have an above average basketball skill set that can be fine tuned. An internal drive to want to win and be the best player at her position/on the floor. Be willing to do whatever her coach asks/needs her to do to help her team win.
She has be coachable, unselfish, and a team player. Players want to play with Maya. She makes those around her better.

Last but not least, she has to have the "killer" instinct all good players (Magic, Kobi, Jordan, Bird, LeBron, etc.) have. That is, once they get you down, they keep you down. They don't let you get up, or back in the game. When Maya was/is on a roll, she keeps it going. She doesn't pull up, or take her foot off the gas just because the score is lop-sided.

She plays hard until the final horn. Every coach in WCBB wants their players to have Maya's attributes, loyalty and personality. She's an All-American on and off the court! She's on UConn's Mount!!! :cool:

Reaction Score
Maya Moore is wonderful and amazing. That said, I think there will be many players of her caliber in the future. The sport is improving all the time and eventually there will be many excellent players filling out the ranks.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Maya Moore is wonderful and amazing. That said, I think there will be many players of her caliber in the future. The sport is improving all the time and eventually there will be many excellent players filling out the ranks.
Maya, Gabby, et al. are the models for the next generation. But Maya and Gabby have inner drive and personal qualities that will be harder to match than their elite athleticism.

Reaction Score
I agree with everyone. Maya has that one-in-a-million inner light: grace personified.

If there is anything bittersweet about Maya (and there really isn't, I'm just trying to be provocative in the summer doldrums), it is that she is such an incredibly fine person that Geno felt the need to protect her and her mom against Tenn accusations, and that's deepened the bad blood. That's not on Maya--or on Geno--but just sad, IMO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom