Remember this? 77-74.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Still get goosebumps when I see it.

Reaction Score
Never quite got that last play. A Dukie (who was it?) dribbles into a crowd and does a face-plant?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Never quite got that last play. A Dukie (who was it?) dribbles into a crowd and does a face-plant?

Trajon Langdon. Coach K's instruction was "Take him (meaning Ricky Moore) Trajon".

Big Mistake.

Reaction Score
Trajon Langdon. Coach K's instruction was "Take him (meaning Ricky Moore) Trajon".

Big Mistake.

As Ricky said "They didn't Know..............."

Don't worry in Durham Coach K and the former Alaskan assassin have known now since 1999.

Reaction Score
Coach K has still never gotten the bashing he deserves from the press for how he handled the end of the game. His clear, decisive strategy was to try to win with one on one, dribble penetration by a spot-up shooter against the best perimeter defender that the game had seen in years.

I'm really surprised he got a pass for that in the media. Not.

caw

Reaction Score
I actually think the last play was Rash, also a superb defender, on Langdon.

That team just goes to show you don't need a bunch of highly touted high school players to win it all.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
This is getting harder to find online! I've downloaded it for safe keeping.

ThePlay.jpg

Reaction Score
When they cut down the nets in St. Pete, Coach left a piece up on the rim for Joe McGinn.

I am not sure there's much else you can say about the character of Jim Calhoun. He had worked and toiled his entire life for that moment. And in the middle of all that mayhem, he made sure to make a poignant gesture like that? THAT stuff is why I see this donation meter rise and it makes me proud that we're honoring him.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I actually think the last play was Rash, also a superb defender, on Langdon.

It was Ricky. The ball bounced to Rash after Langdon tripped on the half court line painted on the court.

caw

Reaction Score
It was Ricky. The ball bounced to Rash after Langdon tripped on the half court line painted on the court.

I was going off memory, but watching it again and I still think it was Rash. 42 sec to 53 sec.

Reaction Score
When they cut down the nets in St. Pete, Coach left a piece up on the rim for Joe McGinn.

I am not sure there's much else you can say about the character of Jim Calhoun. He had worked and toiled his entire life for that moment. And in the middle of all that mayhem, he made sure to make a poignant gesture like that? THAT stuff is why I see this donation meter rise and it makes me proud that we're honoring him.
Yes i remember that very well. A few years ago ESPN did a little documentary special on Outside the Lines i think? It was a little history of cutting down the nets and what it means, how it started. One of the situations they talked about was the 1999 National Championship game when Calhoun left the piece of the net up for Joe. They actually interviewed Joe's parents and his father was in tears recalling that moment and how great a gesture it was for Calhoun to do that. Excellent piece and i wish it was on youtube for people to see.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
I was 8 years old at the time but I remember my dad let me stay up late to watch. I am thankful because that moment solidified me as a UConn fan for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom