Remember the Cincy game? | The Boneyard

Remember the Cincy game?

Reaction Score
Last year Geno was concerned about the attitude and performance of his bench players who were getting into games when the team was up by 30+. So in the Cincinnati game he started them. I recall a lot of concern around here when they did not outdistance Cincy in their first quarter time. Lots of worrying about the thin bench and the sad prospect of life after the "Big Three". Four of them are now our starters.
Things change, eh?

Reaction Score
OTOH, the benchers included two extremely highly-recruited athletes (Gabby and Pheesa), and we certainly expect the same development of the currently highly recruited bencher Crystal. We're waiting patiently (or impatiently?) for the two much less highly recruited Molly and Kyla to show us their stuff.

As well, while there may have been angst about last year's bench, there was absolutely no angst about the starting line-up. It probably could have played 4 on 5 and beat most teams. This year's team requires every starter to play well and to play smart.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Last year Geno was concerned about the attitude and performance of his bench players who were getting into games when the team was up by 30+. So in the Cincinnati game he started them. I recall a lot of concern around here when they did not outdistance Cincy in their first quarter time. Lots of worrying about the thin bench and the sad prospect of life after the "Big Three". Four of them are now our starters.
Things change, eh?
I do remember.
The Cincinnati game Geno started Napheesa, KLS, Natalie, Kia & Saniya
Of those five Kia and KLS were already regular starters and still are.
The concern about that experiment not out distancing Cincy was largely overblown. It is not like the big 3 never got off to a bad start in a conference game, if my memory serves correctly 2 of them were benched because of a slow start.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog
Top Bottom