Remaining Priorities | The Boneyard

Remaining Priorities

Status
Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
As of now, only 1 scholarship left. Seems like we are making rapid moves with the UNLV transfer. Reid may have reclassified because of Hurley's request. A lot of the MDAs still think there is a good shot Precious lands at UConn. Plenty of other transfers / JUCO guys also becoming available.

How do you guys rank the top 3 priorities of all outstanding recruits that we have a "legitimate" chance at scoring? Recruits we probably still have a shot at are (in no particular order):

• Preciuous
  • Ntambew
  • MAL
  • Reid
  • Allen
  • Quanash
  • Ugh
  • Lewis
  • any one else???

Reaction Score
The goal is to improve the talent level, if you can get better for next year as well then great. Take Precious under any possible circumstances. Then Ntambwe. I'd see what comes up in the late transfer/decommit market before jumping at the other guys on your list.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I don’t think there’s any interest in MAL. I think that TV reporter was speculating.

Reaction Score
Who is the dude with the 7-5 wingspan? I just think it would be fun to watch him play.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
There’s really no interest in Quansah. Usually guys like that try to push that they are getting looked at to get more interest.

Reaction Score
As of now, only 1 scholarship left. Seems like we are making rapid moves with the UNLV transfer. Reid may have reclassified because of Hurley's request. A lot of the MDAs still think there is a good shot Precious lands at UConn. Plenty of other transfers / JUCO guys also becoming available.

How do you guys rank the top 3 priorities of all outstanding recruits that we have a "legitimate" chance at scoring? Recruits we probably still have a shot at are (in no particular order):

• Preciuous
  • Ntambew
  • MAL
  • Reid
  • Allen
  • Quanash
  • Ugh
  • Lewis
  • any one else???
please forget Mal

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I would have liked to see a much larger 2019 class and just go into complete rebuilding mode ala 2006-07. Being down a scholarship and getting a late start on the 2019 class hurt us. We’re still at least 2 pieces away from being competitive next year. Everyone outside of AG, JC and the freshman are expendable.

Reaction Score
I would have liked to see a much larger 2019 class and just go into complete rebuilding mode ala 2006-07. Being down a scholarship and getting a late start on the 2019 class hurt us. We’re still at least 2 pieces away from being competitive next year. Everyone outside of AG, JC and the freshman are expendable.
Still time, they really wet the bed on posts. Maybe a coaching carousel big opens. I love the unlv kid that would solve a hole at the wing.

Reaction Score
What about CV?

Reaction Score
How do you guys rank the top priorities of all outstanding recruits that we have a "legitimate" chance at scoring? Recruits we probably still have a shot at are (in no particular order):

My opinion:
  1. Ntambew
  2. Ugboh
  3. Reid
  4. Allen

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Patience. We need many openings for 2020 because we are in a good spot with several high end guys in that class.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
For me:

1. Precious (long shot)
2. Ugboh (5 who can play next year biggest need)
3. Ntambew
4. Reid

I think it is ridiculous to believe that this team can't be good next season. I expect the young guys to struggle early and them come on late. I think we will start two freshmen, and the third will get major minutes. The talent gap of guys like Polley is irrelevant when they are 10 minute a game back-up players. If Sid can learn to shoot (he can) this can be a very dangerous team.

Gilbert
Boughknight/Gaffney
Wilson/Boughknight
Akok
Carlton

Reaction Score
For me:

1. Precious (long shot)
2. Ugboh (5 who can play next year biggest need)
3. Ntambew
4. Reid

I think it is ridiculous to believe that this team can't be good next season. I expect the young guys to struggle early and them come on late. I think we will start two freshmen, and the third will get major minutes. The talent gap of guys like Polley is irrelevant when they are 10 minute a game back-up players. If Sid can learn to shoot (he can) this can be a very dangerous team.

Gilbert
Boughknight/Gaffney
Wilson/Boughknight
Akok
Carlton
Where does CV fit in,

Reaction Score
I’ll belive CV isn’t playing big minutes and def in at crunch time when i see it!

Guy has been our toughest player for 3 years going. Gets big rebounds which are so important, and spaces out the defense by his ability to hit threes. ❤️ CVSniper!

Reaction Score
Similar role to Smith. Veteran combo guard off the bench.
Smith was not a combo guard...unless you're talking about a combo of poor shooting and frustrating turnovers. CV will absolutely have an important role next year, we need scorers especially with Jalen gone. You have to assume it'll take a little time for the freshmen to become consistent scoring options

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Smith was not a combo guard...unless you're talking about a combo of poor shooting and frustrating turnovers. CV will absolutely have an important role next year, we need scorers especially with Jalen gone. You have to assume it'll take a little time for the freshmen to become consistent scoring options

I am not suggesting he won't be better than Smith, certainly a better shooter. As of last year, not as good a ball handler (but I think that's his off season focus). But the reality is, when we talk about the talent upgrades needed, CV is one of the players who needs to be upgraded. I do think experience is really valuable though. We will need it.

Last year we pressed early, but we committed too many turnovers. The press will be back and won't go away. The bench will be a deep one, with guys expected to defend flat out every minute they are in. This team is going to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom