Remainder of the 2019 Class | The Boneyard

Remainder of the 2019 Class

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
How do you guys feel the class shakes out? It seems we have flamed out to a certain extent recently, and don’t have many offers or ties. Kabala reclassed, so he’s off the table. And Precious seems good as gone after visiting UNC. Where do we turn to?

pj

Reaction Score
A number of players may become available in April with coaching changes followed by decommits, reclassifications, and grad transfers. At this point it makes sense to keep pushing on our few top targets and see if some good players become available. We can go the grad transfer route to add depth if necessary, and take aim at 2020.

Reaction Score
How do you guys feel the class shakes out? It seems we have flamed out to a certain extent recently, and don’t have many offers or ties. Kabala reclassed, so he’s off the table. And Precious seems good as gone after visiting UNC. Where do we turn to?
I would say I feel like Kofi screwed us

Reaction Score
Totally agree. Don't settle on a lower tier player just to fill a spot and eat up a scholly. A lot of movement takes place in the offseason and this year more than ever with the dirty coaches getting fired.

Reaction Score
Kofi was the killer. And for Illinois ? At least go somewhere halfway decent kofi. I’ll never forget that one. To me, still the most surprising commit by a recruit I’ve seen in a long long time. Head scratcher
I wouldn't scratch my head until he actually enrolls and is on campus.

Reaction Score
I don't expect any more incoming scholarship freshmen. With the remaining scholarship, my guess is a grad-transfer big.

Would be great if we can get Jaylin Hunter as a walk-on. For him, it comes down to playing a smaller role/no role at UConn with his dad or fighting for a potential big role for a Low D1 team like BU or Fairfield.

Reaction Score

I think we are getting ahead of ourselves about Precious. Considering how Williams has handled Little this year, I would be hesitant to go play for Williams. He's going to take his visits and when he gets to Storrs he realizes he will be given the keys to the kingdom on day 1.

Reaction Score
He got paid $, not hard to figure out why he flipped there out of nowhere
True. But it being so so so ridiculously obvious surprised there’s no talk of an investigation. That’s about as hot and obvious as u can get.

Reaction Score
He started taking official visits 2 weeks ago, be patient
Yeah but what will he visit now? There are no games to come and watch. He just watched ku beat k state in an insane environment and then he watched North Carolina on gameday (when is the last time UConn was on gameday?) beat Duke. Recruits like Precious are still a couple years away if this thing can get going again. We canny compete with the North Carolina’s and Kansas’ of the world right now.

Reaction Score
Yeah but what will he visit now? There are no games to come and watch. He just watched ku beat k state in an insane environment and then he watched North Carolina on gameday (when is the last time UConn was on gameday?) beat Duke. Recruits like Precious are still a couple years away if this thing can get going again. We canny compete with the North Carolina’s and Kansas’ of the world right now.
Sure I don't think Precious is going to come to UConn, but it's not because he hasn't taken an official visit here yet. His recruitment has been slow all along. If I were guessing, he doesn't end up at either of the school's he's visited already

Reaction Score
The funny thing is if he does take a visit UConn it's probably better that it's not for a game. Better to sell him on the what could be at UConn without stacking up our half empty student section against two of the best atmospheres during rivalry games.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The funny thing is if he does take a visit UConn it's probably better that it's not for a game. Better to sell him on the what could be at UConn without stacking up our half empty student section against two of the best atmospheres during rivalry games.

where is this half-empty student section idea coming from

Reaction Score

The negativity around the idea that Precious has already crossed off his list when in fact he hasn't is astounding. He just started taking OVs and I don't know maybe you take OVs the your least favored schools first, then when it's time to pick you take OVs to the school you want to attend.

Let's stop being Debbie downers.

Reaction Score
Demarr Langford. Idk how hard we are going after him for 2019 at the moment but he is eligible to reclassify, very talented, plays very hard, can score the ball well and is an excellent rebounding SG. No reason the staff shouldn't be hard after him right now

Reaction Score
AA5ADAB4-44F1-4D9B-8D0D-5B122B950997.jpeg

Reaction Score

I hadn't thought about it that way, but I think you're absolutely correct. Sell him on the program's history and the immediate future he can bring to the program. After sitting through the great atmospheres at Kansas and at North Carolina, we would fall short in that department....for now. You sell precious on the fact that he is the missing ingredient to bringing UConn back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom