Reliving UConn’s incredible 2011 championship run with Jim Calhoun, Jeremy Lamb, and Kemba Walker | The Boneyard

Reliving UConn’s incredible 2011 championship run with Jim Calhoun, Jeremy Lamb, and Kemba Walker

Reaction Score
Not sure why this is on Boston.com. Probably because UConn owns this market. Sorry BCU.

“This team won, as much as anything else, with enthusiasm, will, and chemistry,” coach Jim Calhoun said. “Everybody knew what they were doing and everybody was willing to sacrifice for each other. It was kind of unusual. I think their youth played into it because they didn’t know any better. This is how you play college basketball.”

Reliving UConn’s incredible 2011 championship run with Jim Calhoun, Jeremy Lamb, and Kemba Walker

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
...Connecticut dropped four of their last five games, falling to the ninth seed in the conference tournament and No. 21 in the nation.
Kind of illustrates how powerful the real BE was then. 9th in a 16 team league equates to 21st in the country. Sick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Kemba was there from day 1. The rest of the guys brought it regularly, but Lamb's break out was the key to that team. I remember when Lamb starting becoming automatic. It was late in the season, and the Patent Office had finally approved his in-the-lane one hand floater. Combined with his ridiculous buttery stroke from 3, he had arrived. That's about when I started thinking, "this team could make a deep run."
Definitely the one month period when it was most fun to be a fan - also bonded very strongly with a daughter who caught the fever right about when Makers Muppet post went up.

Reaction Score
Yea, Coach Ollie accomplished the same feat in 2014, please don’t overlook Coach Ollie’s accomplishment.

Reaction Score
This has gotta be the the most perfect description of Kamba Walker on the court that I've ever heard:

As Calhoun put it, “Kemba was a velvet sword.” The point guard would most certainly cut you, you just wouldn’t feel it.

Reaction Score
Kemba was there from day 1. The rest of the guys brought it regularly, but Lamb's break out was the key to that team. I remember when Lamb starting becoming automatic. It was late in the season, and the Patent Office had finally approved his in-the-lane one hand floater. Combined with his ridiculous buttery stroke from 3, he had arrived. That's about when I started thinking, "this team could make a deep run."
Definitely the one month period when it was most fun to be a fan - also bonded very strongly with a daughter who caught the fever right about when Makers Muppet post went up.
It was the best post of all time and because of the circumstances can never be equaled. Has there ever been any comment from either players or coaches that they ever saw that post? Also, the level of competition in that path was pretty remarkable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom