Relentlessly positive music | The Boneyard

Relentlessly positive music

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
It's been awhile since there's been a music thread, and with the season starting in a week, likely awhile before there will be another.

My wife will tell you I enjoy a good gut-wrencher as much as anyone else, and I listened to all of her Requiems over the last week-plus. But I like happy music, too, and I'm actually quite positive about the coming season.

So, let's post positive music. Whatever you find positive, although I'd prefer no love songs or religious music. But I'm not sheriff, and there aren't any rules.

I'll start out with one of the best smiles ever, Louis Armstrong. I wrote a paper in, I think, 8th grade, about music in New Orleans in the early 20th century. One quote I remember, from the back of a record jacket of either Louis or the Preservation Hall Jazz Band, was that New Orleans jazz was "Good-time music for people having fun."

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
There can't be a positive music thread without EWF. Because pretty much every UConn player fits this song, I have to pick the low-hanging fruit, but I'll likely be back with some of their more obscure stuff.

Reaction Score
There can't be a positive music thread without EWF. Because pretty much every UConn player fits this song, I have to pick the low-hanging fruit, but I'll likely be back with some of their more obscure stuff.
Sly and the Family Stone is another group that has several songs to choose from for this music thread. For the start of the season I’ll go with Everybody is a Star.

Reaction Score
I absolutely love the song and the lyrics to Safe and Sound by Capital Cities and so do advertisers since the song has been used in several commercials.
I could lift you up
I could show you what you wanna see
And take you where you wanna be
You could be my luck
Even if the sky is falling down
I know that we'll be safe and sound

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
This one always makes me smile.

Windows Rolled Down - Amos Lee

meyers7