Relentless Guard Depth | The Boneyard

Relentless Guard Depth

Reaction Score
We have what seems like endless guards and there is always a fresh one ready to play high energy. I see this as a great thing but how does this play against teams with some serious size down low. I see us pressuring, stealing and pushing the ball but also racking up a lot of fouls. Carlton’s play bodes well and I know we are getting Diarra and hopefully Wilson back. How good is our guard bench? last night on chat there was a lot of talk to pull CV a main cog last year at times. (but then he would do something good). It’s good to have this depth.

Reaction Score
Yes this was a missing link last year when AG went down with his injury and we only had 3 guards to rely on. I'm glad Hurley picked up both Tarin Smith and Brendan Adams to give us the quality depth needed there especially with the style of play he wants to incorporate.

Reaction Score
We have what seems like endless guards and there is always a fresh one ready to play high energy. I see this as a great thing but how does this play against teams with some serious size down low. I see us pressuring, stealing and pushing the ball but also racking up a lot of fouls. Carlton’s play bodes well and I know we are getting Diarra and hopefully Wilson back. How good is our guard bench? last night on chat there was a lot of talk to pull CV a main cog last year at times. (but then he would do something good). It’s good to have this depth.

Well we do have relentless depth down low too, its just not high quality depth. But we can throw a lot of fouls at them. At this point the only big I'd worry about fouling out is Carlton. Then we have Polley, Whaley, Diarra, Cobb, Yakwe, & Williams. That's 35 fouls. What we don't have is swings beyond Sid. Although the 3 guard formation alleviates that a bit and Brendan is a tall 2. Can you imagine how Barrett, Zion and Cam would exploit and shred that apart? We will have a hard time staying with really good swing forwards.

Reaction Score
Barret, Zion, and Cam just destroyed Kentucky. It's unfair and should be illegal (ha) to get what could be 3 of 4 or 5 of the top NBA picks on as freshman. Carlton would have 2 fouls in 5 minutes then it would go from there. We can't and few can compete with that.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Barret, Zion, and Cam just destroyed Kentucky. It's unfair and should be illegal (ha) to get what could be 3 of 4 or 5 of the top NBA picks on as freshman. Carlton would have 2 fouls in 5 minutes then it would go from there. We can't and few can compete with that.
Who cares? Why even bring them up?

Reaction Score

Exactly. We are not competing for the NC this year. We're trying to develop a nucleus for next year, a core cadre steeped in the Hurley ethic, into which we can merge some good, 4-star-plus talent. See it that way, and you can enjoy the season, finding positives in even the worse, overmatched loss.

Reaction Score

Oy vey, its just sensationalism to make a point. Relax. We will have difficulty marking good swing forwards of which NCAAB is abound with. That is all.

Reaction Score
Cv is Jeff adrien as a guard. That’s just how I feel. Tough. Physical. Emotional. Energetic defense. Easily one of the best rebounding guards in the country and maybe the best one we’ve had. That says a lot. Now I wait to be dissected for this idea.

Reaction Score
No dissection, no skewering. Vital in the span of 2 minutes can give you the full range of emotions like pull him and sit him the rest of the game all the way to fantastic gutty play. He’s not afraid of anything or anyone and with that you get the good the bad and the ugly. It’s Hurley’s job to make most of his court time fall in the good column.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom