Relax on Azzi | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Relax on Azzi

Reaction Score
I would not be surprised if Geno did not, at this point, have a very good idea as to whether or not Azzi js going to be in a Uconn uniform. She doesn't appear to be the type to throw smoke. She has probably given him a good idea as to her academic interests and Geno will know if Uconn matches them. If we do we stand a very good chance. If not, then it will be her decision.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I don't recall if UCONN has ever used all 15 scholarships they had available. I'd love to see him land at least 1 more top 10 kid. All you have to do is read the UCONN recruiting thread to see the kids the BY'ers are highest on.
It's been awhile.
1995-1996 had 15
1998-1999 had 16 players, but Czel was a walk-on. (and Bird, Walters were injured and Rigby was r/s)
2000-2001 had 16 players but Czel was a walk-on. (and Ralph and Abrosimova ended up injured and Battle/Moore ended up injured/red-shirt)

Reaction Score
Maybe Geno loading up the roster with all of these other kids not named Azzi is his plan B?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Better to have Azzi inside the tent than outside the tent ruining a good day.

I log onto the yard several times a day to see if there’s any breaking news that someone (Azzi) has verbaled, or if there is an announcement that Geno is adding a transfer or two. Right now, Azzi is the “crown jewel“ on recruiting the trail for UConn. I can’t/won’t relax until Azzi commits, to UConn or somewhere else. For the record, I like Ashlon Jackson (#19 in 2022) too.

Last edited:

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Better to have Azzi inside the tent than outside the tent ruining a good day.
I recognize that quote and the BY friendly edit of it.

Reaction Score
FWIW, on an Instagram post where Paige asked if she's going to UConn, Azzi responded with a Ducks, Bears, and Turtles (Terrapins) emojis. This must mean the other schools are Oregon, Baylor, and Maryland. She's said in interviews that she's built good relationships with coaching staffs. I'm sure it's hard for a young lady to make such a decision, but the longer she waits, the harder it'll be to inform the other schools. She could surprise us all and pull a Sabrina... [her dad seems a little bit on the helicopter parent side, but that doesn't seem to be a problem to the programs recruiting her]

Reaction Score
FWIW, on an Instagram post where Paige asked if she's going to UConn, Azzi responded with a Ducks, Bears, and Turtles (Terrapins) emojis. This must mean the other schools are Oregon, Baylor, and Maryland. She's said in interviews that she's built good relationships with coaching staffs. I'm sure it's hard for a young lady to make such a decision, but the longer she waits, the harder it'll be to inform the other schools. She could surprise us all and pull a Sabrina... [her dad seems a little bit on the helicopter parent side, but that doesn't seem to be a problem to the programs recruiting her]

The longer it goes the more open it is...... :)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
FWIW, on an Instagram post where Paige asked if she's going to UConn, Azzi responded with a Ducks, Bears, and Turtles (Terrapins) emojis. This must mean the other schools are Oregon, Baylor, and Maryland.

Think you're taking her response too literally.

Reaction Score
What about finding a hybrid Kyla/Molly type....role player/team first player ranked maybe 50-60?
While UConn typically plays one of the toughest schedules in the country, most of their games are routs. Having the best possible team means the practices are usually tougher than the games, helping improve the over all skill set of all on the team. Not sure the value of recruiting someone who cant compete to play (and how in the world do you recruit this skill set).

Reaction Score
I log onto the yard several times a day to see if there’s any breaking news that someone (Azzi) has verbaled, or if there is an announcement that Geno is adding a transfer or two. Right now, Azzi is the “crown jewel“ on recruiting the trail for UConn. I can’t/won’t relax until Azzi commits, to UConn or somewhere else. For the record, I like Ashlon Jackson (#19 in 2022) too.

no need to log on to the BY for that news Carnac.....................if and when Azzi Fudd chooses UConn I believe there will be an unscheduled partial eclipse of the sun..................:cool:

Reaction Score
Around the Fudd household, certainly from her dad and whenever her BFF calls, there is little mention of any school other than a particular university located in CT. It’s almost like Azzi is carefully weighing her college decision between 4 different schools: the Huskies, the University of Connecticut, UConn and the school where Geno Auriemma coaches...,, :cool:
Oldude, Don't forget "A school with great Ice Cream", or "A school far from the maddening crowd".

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
no need to log on to the BY for that news Carnac.....................if and when Azzi Fudd chooses UConn I believe there will be an unscheduled partial eclipse of the sun..................:cool:

You know how CRAZY this place gets whenever we get a highly coveted recruit. Congratulatory posts and comments will abound. If we get Azzi, this pace is going to go nuts with "unbridled" optimism and expectations. Every coach in Division 1 wants Azzi. She's the crown jewel (the #1 ranked player) of her class. That's an awesome dynamic. To know that all of the hard work you've put in, and all of the countless hours you drilled and trained is finally going to pay off. You have reached the point where you would be welcomed (and are coveted) to attend every Division 1 college and university in the entire country........for free. :rolleyes:

I'll be right in there with the rest of the yard raising a toast to her and the coaching staff. The thing is, she can announce her decision at any time. This evening or a day or two before the early letter of intent signing period in November. The early NLI signing period for this year is November 11-18, 2020. I hope she doesn't make us wait until then. We've been waiting on her reveal for over 3 years. :)

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom