Relatively minor news: Comcast subscribers now have access to WATCHESPN | The Boneyard

Relatively minor news: Comcast subscribers now have access to WATCHESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Comcast subscribers now have access to WATCHESPN. What does that mean? Well, ESPNU streams are only available through WATCHESPN, not the regular ESPN3. And since ESPNU carries some UConn WBB games every season, this is an added benefit.

Just wanted to pass the news along...

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Alex - is this really new? I have been watching on watchespn (when I have to) for quite a while (it was espn3, now when I type that in it takes me to Watchespn). At least two seasons ago I realized (probably via the 'yard) that it was free to Comcasters. Not sure I understand what has changed.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Alex - is this really new? I have been watching on watchespn (when I have to) for quite a while (it was espn3, now when I type that in it takes me to Watchespn). At least two seasons ago I realized (probably via the 'yard) that it was free to Comcasters. Not sure I understand what has changed.
Yes. ESPN3 is under the umbrella of WATCHESPN, but only a limited number of carriers allow you to the full slate of coverage on the site. ESPNU content in particular is restricted. Comcast joins TWC, Brighthouse, and one other carrier that has access now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom