Reintroduction Of Edsall Brings Healing And Hope (Jacobs) | The Boneyard

Reintroduction Of Edsall Brings Healing And Hope (Jacobs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reintroduction Of Edsall Brings Healing And Hope

>>Unlike his predecessor, Bob Diaco, a man of a seemingly endless supply of piffle, he didn't try to speak Latin or invoke the names of Pavlov, St. Augustine and Garth Brooks. He didn't talk about fish cake recipes or Molotov cocktails. He didn't suggest putting games on Nickelodeon. He didn't say at his introductory press conference, "Get the ticket while you can because soon you won't be able to get it." After 11 wins in 37 games and the fact there were barely 500 fans at the Rent for the closing minutes of the humiliating 38-13 loss to Tulane on Nov. 26 — wow — that quote stands out as especially inane.<<

>>Bury the cranberry red pants, bury the seltzer water and floppy clown shoes, because an adult is back in charge.<<

>>Diaco was fired on Monday. The announcement of Edsall's hiring was Wednesday. Benedict and Edsall declined to give a detailed timeline of the hiring process. Although it had nothing to do with bringing him back at that point, Benedict said he reached out to speak to Edsall a month after he was on the job in the early spring. "Football is really important," Benedict said. "He had more success than anybody here. We started a dialogue."

When Benedict called about the job, Edsall said he turned to his wife and said, "You're not going to believe what's happening."<<

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
"Spread people out. ... I want to be somebody who has an aggressive open attack that can score points. You've got to be able to score points in this day and age. I played the style of play back then because of who we were, and it allowed us to win."

Make it happen, Randy.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
"Get the ticket while you can because soon you won't be able to get it." After 11 wins in 37 games and the fact there were barely 500 fans at the Rent for the closing minutes of the humiliating 38-13 loss to Tulane on Nov. 26 — wow — that quote stands out as especially inane.

That's hilarious. Maybe he meant that he'd destroy football at UCONN and without a football program there'd be no need to buy a ticket? He came pretty close to making that a reality.

Reaction Score
When Benedict called about the job, Edsall said he turned to his wife and said, "You're not going to believe what's happening."<<

This must have been such the dreamlike moment for Edsall. A chance to come undo the wrongs - to rebuild his structure he put together with his own two hands. I'm happy for him, I'm happy for the players, and I'm happy for us.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
Wants an aggressive offensive that can score points. Sweet music!! Liking what I hear from RE 2.0.

Reaction Score
When does Jacobs admit he bases at least 57% of his material on Boneyard content? I read this exact line at 11:15 this morning.
I think I saw a tweet today from Mike Anthony referencing the boneyard. Honestly, you're not going to find a group as diehard as this anywhere else in CT. It would be stupid if they didn't monitor it.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
IMG_4973.PNG

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
? What's that ? It's not his current Twitter feed.

His Facebook page.

Or maybe he just abandoned Facebook years ago like every other Milenial and that is just old and out of date? Maybe I am showing my age .:eek:

Reaction Score
His Facebook page.

Or maybe he just abandoned Facebook years ago like every other Milenial and that is just old and out of date? Maybe I am showing my age .:eek:

Yeah... I see two. Interesting. Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up here.

Reaction Score
If Randy's successful in 2.0 I'm also excited that he'll be able to share with his ultimate successor what it takes to be successful here. A true succession plan if you will

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
When does Jacobs admit he bases at least 57% of his material on Boneyard content? I read this exact line at 11:15 this morning.
He has admitted that he reads the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
Here's confirmation on something we already knew.

There is no doubt about Edsall's ability to recruit unheralded players and coach them up. So much so that NFL scouts and general managers have told Benedict they call Edsall with questions about identifying talent and judging a young man's makeup.

Reaction Score
Here's confirmation on something we already knew.

There is no doubt about Edsall's ability to recruit unheralded players and coach them up. So much so that NFL scouts and general managers have told Benedict they call Edsall with questions about identifying talent and judging a young man's makeup.

As a recruiter this is what we really need here. Either that or set aside $500k every year to sign some 4* guys like Ole Mi$$

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Good article but Jeff needs to credit the Yard for most of the material in the opening paragraphs.

I mean, the line about an adult in charge is lifted directly from here.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Edsall will turn one of the tight ends into Tommy Collins on this roster. He might turn Davis into Ryan Griffin.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think I saw a tweet today from Mike Anthony referencing the boneyard. Honestly, you're not going to find a group as diehard as this anywhere else in CT. It would be stupid if they didn't monitor it.

No one in the AD will ever admit it but we helped grease the skids on Diaco.

Reaction Score
No one in the AD will ever admit it but we helped grease the skids on Diaco.
I really think Athletic Director Dave wanted to give Diaco another shot and Diaco just spit in his face. I'm sure the AD as a whole monitors us occasionally but I don't think they'd make a firing or hiring decision based on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom