Reigning DII champs Ashland face UConn | The Boneyard

Reigning DII champs Ashland face UConn

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Reigning DII champs Ashland to face Ohio State and UConn women's basketball teams in one-week span

Someone asked about Ashland. Here is an excellent article and video about them and their coach. She may be intent on being the D-II UCONN. I said so, not her.

"The Ashland women’s basketball team put together some numbers last season, running the table as they stomped to a second national title in five years."

"I get asked a lot how we are preparing for UConn. The reality is we are preparing for Ashland. That’s our focus going into the season.”

Head coach Robyn Fralick: "Fralick has built quite the resume to start her young career. She is 68-2 in those first two seasons, adding a national championship as a head coach to the one she earned as Ashland's associate head coach four years prior."

Fralick must have been studying the UCONN program and the culture both Geno and CD have created.
"She knows how to bring the best out of every player, every team she coaches. The part people don't see is that she is constantly building our team. Being a team is intentional and she has led us to know what that looks like. And yes, every day a winning attitude is commanded. A common phrase in our program is championship behavior. That includes in the classroom, in our social lives, but also on the court diving for loose balls, lockdown defense, and running the floor every time. There is so much to Coach Fralick that it's hard to describe it. She's a leader, a motivator, and we know she loves all of us beyond the game of basketball."

She sold me! I will follow Ashland this season.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Hopefully she and her team will attend at least one of Geno's practices and see, like Lubbock Christian did 2 years ago and as every freshman learns immediately, what this program really is and what it takes. Or as Doris Burke would say every UConn broadcast, "If you want to know why UConn is the best, just watch them practice for 5 mins".

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Reigning DII champs Ashland to face Ohio State and UConn women's basketball teams in one-week span

Someone asked about Ashland. Here is an excellent article and video about them and their coach. She may be intent on being the D-II UCONN. I said so, not her.

"The Ashland women’s basketball team put together some numbers last season, running the table as they stomped to a second national title in five years."

"I get asked a lot how we are preparing for UConn. The reality is we are preparing for Ashland. That’s our focus going into the season.”

Head coach Robyn Fralick: "Fralick has built quite the resume to start her young career. She is 68-2 in those first two seasons, adding a national championship as a head coach to the one she earned as Ashland's associate head coach four years prior."

Fralick must have been studying the UCONN program and the culture both Geno and CD have created.
"She knows how to bring the best out of every player, every team she coaches. The part people don't see is that she is constantly building our team. Being a team is intentional and she has led us to know what that looks like. And yes, every day a winning attitude is commanded. A common phrase in our program is championship behavior. That includes in the classroom, in our social lives, but also on the court diving for loose balls, lockdown defense, and running the floor every time. There is so much to Coach Fralick that it's hard to describe it. She's a leader, a motivator, and we know she loves all of us beyond the game of basketball."

She sold me! I will follow Ashland this season.

You don't read my threads do you. Been there, done that. Last Saturday. But it is a great read and the coach certainly impresses.

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Hopefully she and her team will attend at least one of Geno's practices and see, like Lubbock Christian did 2 years ago and as every freshman learns immediately, what this program really is and what it takes. Or as Doris Burke would say every UConn broadcast, "If you want to know why UConn is the best, just watch them practice for 5 mins".

At 68-2 she is doing something right. May be like Geno never visited Pat's practice, she feels the need to create her own program. Last year they were 37-0. It will be interesting to see if her success continues or is her bench empty of her predecessor's recruits.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
At 68-2 she is doing something right. May be like Geno never visited Pat's practice, she feels the need to create her own program. Last year they were 37-0. It will be interesting to see if her success continues or is her bench empty of her predecessor's recruits.
And at 991–135 (.880) Geno is doing something right. Yet every year he makes a trek to at least one pro team, and according to him, other college and high school teams to see what they're doing in order to become a better coach. This stuff never ends.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom