Regional Peer Signing Days | The Boneyard

Regional Peer Signing Days

Reaction Score
BC - Syracuse - Penn State - Maryland - UMASS - Rutgers - Buffalo - Temple

First, Penn State universally gets placed in the top 10 Nationally. With two Connecticut kids. It is a smorgasbord of national recruits (incl a QB from Oregon and LB from Texas etc). Share of NJ ... then a solid grab of PA's best. This is clearly a really finely tuned machine in recruiting run by Franklin. They get all over. Great form at this point of the Franklin era.

Second, Both Syracuse and BC are at peak form Program for them. Addazio got 5 kids from Catholic HSs in NJ and then did well grabbing a top QB from Michigan (4 star) and line guys from the Northeast. Still a few from Ohio and PA. None from FL. Two kids from CT. Syracuse is using the ACC to go to NC & SC & more to FL than others. Less NJ than previous regimes. Two from QC and one from CT. Both these coaches have this in great form and getting the skill kids they want. SU didn't sign a QB early. Impressive for both in the arc of the last 15 years.

Third, Buffalo? Harvests Western and Central NY as well as we do CT. There is less talent there than in the State of CT. But Leipold has strong grabs in Ohio/Michigan and MD/DC, They mix in JuCo well. Buffalo is mid to upper level AAC at this point. And beat Temple early this season ... and would beat them today - from the last game I saw them play.

Fourth, despite Collins leaving ... and not for the first time ... Ed Foley AsstHC brought together the signing. 18 kids. Solid in NJ and greater PA. Have anyone really contrasted Temple's infrastructure to UCONN? I have. Looking at a client's purchase of residential housing near Temple's football practice facility ... you wouldn't want your mother to walk that neighborhood. Field? Hmmm. Keney Park like search for bodies. Something good is in this culture as they move from HC to HC to HC. Their recruiting is good and pretty amazing - to me. And they play at the Linc in front of 35% capacity.

Fifth, Locksley did at Maryland as you suspect he would: 2 MD 4 stars of 11 signed. Most kids with MD ties; including Mike Tomlin's son from Pittsburgh Steelers. Malik and others are last week scrambles; but done well. Program is one to watch through the next 18 months of recruiting. Typical start-up flatlining.

Sixth, UMASS Walt Bell kept a few and mercenary others. I see this as trouble at first blush. If he is great at the connections, expect abundant use of Mississippi JuCo and grabbing whatever. He is to be watched as he tries to have some MA or NE backgrounds; where Whipple was sensitive to how to flow better than some of our regimes.

Gut? Edsall is an experienced developer of talent and knows what works in grabbing all positions - in our markets. WE ARE LACKING Regional recruiters - vis a vis HCRE 1.0. The Hinton and Thompkins are needed ... about 4 more by Feb first week. We need to get more of the CT top talents. We aren't going to at ... 1-11. We aren't in MA/NH as much as we'd been; and both BC and UMASS gives us opportunity. And, Rutgers weakness gives us Jersey and greater NYC opportunity.

Reaction Score
Remember when the Boneyard expressed their vocifious opposition to Robert Burton's advocacy of Addazio for the UConn head coaching position versus Pasqualoni. The righteous indignation of the board was on full display. Guess we should have listened to the major donor.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Remember when the Boneyard expressed their vocifious opposition to Robert Burton's advocacy of Addazio for the UConn head coaching position versus Pasqualoni. The righteous indignation of the board was on full display. Guess we should have listened to the major donor.

Addazio is a mediocre coach who has excelled at underachieving with sensational offensive talent. Just because he'd be better than P doesn't make him not what he is, which is a mediocre AT BEST coach.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
We’re peers with Stony Brook and Towson not Maryland and Penn State

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Addazio is a mediocre coach who has excelled at underachieving with sensational offensive talent. Just because he'd be better than P doesn't make him not what he is, which is a mediocre AT BEST coach.

You think BC has sensational offensive talent? Lol

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Regarding BC: I think it’s funny that they were in the top 15 and killing it then their BCness caught up to them and they finished a typical 7-5. (Not that I wouldn’t kill to be 7-5 in the ACC every year)

Reaction Score
Um those schools aren’t our peers.

Talking out of both sides of your mouth

You whine when you see offers only from FCS or the base FBS level; yet, you don't aspire to compete in real recruiting. When BE was BC & SU ... neither would significantly out-recruit us in the long run. ACC boosted both. Curiously, I don't see Maryland or Rutgers making near the same leap up in the B1G. Curious. It is strategic. Then ... PP + Diaco + now leaves us flailing.

Reaction Score
Addazio classes have been ranked between 10 and 14 in the ACC. That is not a successful recruiting class.

The only schools that Edsall should be compared to today are the AAC schools. This class appears to be better than last year on the top and similar everywhere else. He needs to sign a bunch more in February just to keep building depth.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Pretty obviously, yes.

AJ Dillon

Having one good player doesn’t make a team’s offense sensational. And Dillon was hurt for at least half of the season. He’s obviously a serious talent, but that’s like saying that we should have a good offense because David Pindell is a good quarterback

Reaction Score
Talking out of both sides of your mouth

You whine when you see offers only from FCS or the base FBS level; yet, you don't aspire to compete in real recruiting. When BE was BC & SU ... neither would significantly out-recruit us in the long run. ACC boosted both. Curiously, I don't see Maryland or Rutgers making near the same leap up in the B1G. Curious. It is strategic. Then ... PP + Diaco + now leaves us flailing.

I whine because it gets us the garbage we’ve seen the last few years. You’ve talked down to me a million times about this and have been proven wrong over and over again. So I’m not sure why you think the ending to this movie is going to be any different.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

We haven't had a winning season since we ignored Burton.

Reaction Score
I whine because it gets us the garbage we’ve seen the last few years. You’ve talked down to me a million times about this and have been proven wrong over and over again. So I’m not sure why you think the ending to this movie is going to be any different.
If you’re serious about recruiting talent you can achieve good results even in spite of a weak conference affiliation-Boise, Northern Illinois, Marshall, Utah State, UCF.

It’s the product of mindset and institutional commitment. Right now UCONN does not see itself as a credible FBS football school, at least not universally amongst the administration. That’s what has to change.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Having one good player doesn’t make a team’s offense sensational. And Dillon was hurt for at least half of the season. He’s obviously a serious talent, but that’s like saying that we should have a good offense because David Pindell is a good quarterback

Yeah, but they have a good OL too.

Reaction Score
BC - Syracuse - Penn State - Maryland - UMASS - Rutgers - Buffalo - Temple

First, Penn State universally gets placed in the top 10 Nationally. With two Connecticut kids. It is a smorgasbord of national recruits (incl a QB from Oregon and LB from Texas etc). Share of NJ ... then a solid grab of PA's best. This is clearly a really finely tuned machine in recruiting run by Franklin. They get all over. Great form at this point of the Franklin era.

Second, Both Syracuse and BC are at peak form Program for them. Addazio got 5 kids from Catholic HSs in NJ and then did well grabbing a top QB from Michigan (4 star) and line guys from the Northeast. Still a few from Ohio and PA. None from FL. Two kids from CT. Syracuse is using the ACC to go to NC & SC & more to FL than others. Less NJ than previous regimes. Two from QC and one from CT. Both these coaches have this in great form and getting the skill kids they want. SU didn't sign a QB early. Impressive for both in the arc of the last 15 years.

Third, Buffalo? Harvests Western and Central NY as well as we do CT. There is less talent there than in the State of CT. But Leipold has strong grabs in Ohio/Michigan and MD/DC, They mix in JuCo well. Buffalo is mid to upper level AAC at this point. And beat Temple early this season ... and would beat them today - from the last game I saw them play.

Fourth, despite Collins leaving ... and not for the first time ... Ed Foley AsstHC brought together the signing. 18 kids. Solid in NJ and greater PA. Have anyone really contrasted Temple's infrastructure to UCONN? I have. Looking at a client's purchase of residential housing near Temple's football practice facility ... you wouldn't want your mother to walk that neighborhood. Field? Hmmm. Keney Park like search for bodies. Something good is in this culture as they move from HC to HC to HC. Their recruiting is good and pretty amazing - to me. And they play at the Linc in front of 35% capacity.

Fifth, Locksley did at Maryland as you suspect he would: 2 MD 4 stars of 11 signed. Most kids with MD ties; including Mike Tomlin's son from Pittsburgh Steelers. Malik and others are last week scrambles; but done well. Program is one to watch through the next 18 months of recruiting. Typical start-up flatlining.

Sixth, UMASS Walt Bell kept a few and mercenary others. I see this as trouble at first blush. If he is great at the connections, expect abundant use of Mississippi JuCo and grabbing whatever. He is to be watched as he tries to have some MA or NE backgrounds; where Whipple was sensitive to how to flow better than some of our regimes.

Gut? Edsall is an experienced developer of talent and knows what works in grabbing all positions - in our markets. WE ARE LACKING Regional recruiters - vis a vis HCRE 1.0. The Hinton and Thompkins are needed ... about 4 more by Feb first week. We need to get more of the CT top talents. We aren't going to at ... 1-11. We aren't in MA/NH as much as we'd been; and both BC and UMASS gives us opportunity. And, Rutgers weakness gives us Jersey and greater NYC opportunity.
Are you calling PennState, Maryland and BCU as our peers? Those 3 are P5 teams...apple and oranges ..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom