? regarding Stanley Paul | The Boneyard

? regarding Stanley Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It was mentioned that he made trip out to Oregon. I know he is a transfer from Avery Point. What is his situation, was he hurt. I don't think he has played as of yet. How good is he and what type of player is he. It was mentioned he could possibly DH or start in RF. Any info would be appreciated. Also seems like Ryan Moore has been playing solid baseball for us. Batting .316 from the ninth spot is not bad. Also has a few sac bunts and a couple of steals. I believed he did have an error tonight, but I am happy with his play.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Pretty sure he's supposed to have a good bat. Hit .378 last year with a .484 OBP. Just 1 HR so I guess not much power. 13 for 13 stealing bases. 2 errors playing the OF

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
On the radio feed they mentioned him presumably being eligible to play this weekend which seemed to imply in a roundabout way that he might have had some eligibility questions. This doesn't make much sense though because transfers from Avery Point should have no problems getting settled at UConn. It was my guess that he was either hurt or suspended but there isn't much coverage for the team to get information like this out there, especially early in the season for a guy that has never suited up in a Connecticut uniform.

Reaction Score
On the radio feed they mentioned him presumably being eligible to play this weekend which seemed to imply in a roundabout way that he might have had some eligibility questions. This doesn't make much sense though because transfers from Avery Point should have no problems getting settled at UConn. It was my guess that he was either hurt or suspended but there isn't much coverage for the team to get information like this out there, especially early in the season for a guy that has never suited up in a Connecticut uniform.
Thanks again for the info. Hope he turns out to be a player. Being from Bristol I am rooting for Ryan Moore to do well. So far he has done a decent job.

Reaction Score
In the Avery Point recap after Paul's frosh season he was listed with plus speed and average power.

Reaction Score
I don't think you'll see a change in the OF right now. Ferriter and Moore cover a lot of ground out there defensively and are two of UConn's biggest threats to steal while on base. We just beat a nationally ranked team with this line-up and our number one. Friel seems to be settling in at third. DeBellis and Pavone can swap out C/DH duties wile Martin can occasionally DH or PH. We need to settle in on our number 2 pitcher and we could be alright for the Big East weekends if all of this clicks.

Reaction Score
With 5 games in 4 days, they might need Moore at least once out of the bullpen. I wouldn't be surprised if he sat one or two of the five so he was more available to pitch in relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom