? regarding Army Game Day... | The Boneyard

? regarding Army Game Day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Friday is 9-11. In view of the fact that we are hosting Army on Saturday, has anyone heard whether or not there will be some kind of patriotic first responder commemoration? e.g. trotting out that giant American Flag as has been done in the past.

Reaction Score
Not sure about flag/first responder events but saw this Coach:

9/12 UConn Veterans - RSVP for Tailgate at Rentschler
UConn Veterans Tailgate at Sept. 12th Military Appreciation Game – UConn vs. Army.

When: Saturday, September 12th at 10:00a.m.
Where: Rentschler Field
Who: UConn Veterans Community

UConn’s Office of Veterans Affairs & Military programs, with generous support from Traveler’s, will be hosting a complimentary Tailgate party at the UConn Military Appreciation Game on Saturday, September 12th. The tailgate will run from 10:00a.m. to 12:00p.m. at Rentschler Field.

This will only be open to current or registered University of Connecticut veteran students, staff, and faculty, alumni, as well as their immediate families.

RSVP’s required!! Limited space is available.

To come join the fun and free food you must RSVP to Nikki Cole by Wednesday, September 2nd atNikki.cole@uconn.edu with the below information:
  • Veteran Full Name
  • Veteran email address
  • Veteran phone number
  • Veteran guest names
A special military discount is being given for this game: $20 tickets using the Promo Code USA.

For more information, contact: Nikki Cole at 860-486-3802

Reaction Score
Thanks. Ironically, 9-11 is also the birthday of my mother-in-law & her identical twin. Since the destruction of the twin towers, I've never had a problem remembering their birthday. Mom may be joining us next Saturday for the game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Thanks. Ironically, 9-11 is also the birthday of my mother-in-law & her identical twin. Since the destruction of the twin towers, I've never had a problem remembering their birthday. Mom may be joining us next Saturday for the game.

I've got a nephew born on the first anniversary. Agreed it's not one you forget.

Reaction Score
9-11 was my son's second b-day. Not much celebrating in the house that year. Every time someone hears my son's birthday they pause and just say 'oh'.

Reaction Score
9-11 was my son's second b-day. Not much celebrating in the house that year. Every time someone hears my son's birthday they pause and just say 'oh'.[/QUOTE

Our son was 11 that day, the joy of that day was forever altered, no matter how much we tried to keep things the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom