OT: Refs in the Kentucky Ole Miss Game | The Boneyard

OT: Refs in the Kentucky Ole Miss Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Need to be investigated. It was worse than what I saw in the Dallas - Detroit game. Sickening.

Reaction Score
Not really sure what you're talking about.

They got whistle-happy down the stretch, which was obnoxious, but nothing seemed shady about it. Just the usual incompetence we see from college refs.

Reaction Score
Not really sure what you're talking about.

They got whistle-happy down the stretch, which was obnoxious, but nothing seemed shady about it. Just the usual incompetence we see from college refs.

I saw some shady stuff. The double foul, and then the foul on the Miss center fighting for position which ended in 2 free throws for Lyles.

Reaction Score
I saw some shady stuff. The double foul, and then the foul on the Miss center fighting for position which ended in 2 free throws for Lyles.

The double foul was a joke now that you mention it. The guy under somehow had an offensive foul when the ole miss guy never even extended his left arm. It was the usual Harrison move because he can't guard anyone using his arm to stop the penetration of the guard. No reason for anything other than a foul on harrison there was nothing else there.

Reaction Score
Nope. Ole Miss lost because they got really stupid at the end. That's it.

Bingo, they lost it in regulation when Summers dribbled into the double team at half court and then inexplicably tried to throw a bounce pass down the sideline to someone who's very tightly guarded. Not sure where he was going? That's what lost the game, call TO or get the ball to the middle - it's on Kennedy too!

Reaction Score
I actually felt that Ole Miss got the lucky calls that are usually reserved for a raucous home crowd

Reaction Score
Nope. Ole Miss lost because they got really stupid at the end. That's it.

Don't read into things when they're not actually said. Did you read where I said the loss was on the refs? Be that as it may, the refs contributed to Ole Miss's loss. Without an absolute doubt.

Reaction Score
Don't read into things when they're not actually said. Did you read where I said the loss was on the refs? Be that as it may, the refs contributed to Ole Miss's loss. Without an absolute doubt.

With many, many doubts. The refs did nothing out of the ordinary.

And don't pretend that you're not, at least in part, blaming the loss on the officiating. If you're going to cite a bunch of plays at the end of a game that was super-close, you're obviously saying that different officiating could have changed the outcome.

Reaction Score
With many, many doubts. The refs did nothing out of the ordinary.

And don't pretend that you're not, at least in part, blaming the loss on the officiating. If you're going to cite a bunch of plays at the end of a game that was super-close, you're obviously saying that different officiating could have changed the outcome.

Not blowing 3 big calls would have changed the outcome. obviously, the game went into OT.

Reaction Score
Other than the double foul call (which shouldn't even be allowed, it's a cop out) the refs seemed fine to me. Ole Miss needed to drive the lane in the last possession of regulation. Jacking up an NBA three made no sense, and they were never taking that game in OT

Reaction Score
I thought some of the calls against Notre Dame towards the end of the other night's ND-UNC game were particularly bad. But I expect ND will continue to get that treatment when visiting the ACC blue bloods.

Reaction Score
Other than the double foul call (which shouldn't even be allowed, it's a cop out) the refs seemed fine to me. Ole Miss needed to drive the lane in the last possession of regulation. Jacking up an NBA three made no sense, and they were never taking that game in OT

The foul/block by Saiz and the call that sent Lyles to the line were really bad.

Reaction Score
The foul/block by Saiz and the call that sent Lyles to the line were really bad.

The Saiz call was pretty borderline. In real-time, I was sure it was a foul. I was 50/50 after watching the replay. I don't know the Lyles play you're talking about.

Not blowing 3 big calls would have changed the outcome. obviously, the game went into OT.

So then yes, you admit you're blaming the refs for UK winning.

Reaction Score
That double foul was terrible. What was funny was the Kentucky fans acting like they were the ones being slighted by the call.

Reaction Score
The Saiz call was pretty borderline. In real-time, I was sure it was a foul. I was 50/50 after watching the replay. I don't know the Lyles play you're talking about.

So then yes, you admit you're blaming the refs for UK winning.

The Lyles play was when he crashed into the C in the post and was given a foul.

I can't help you out of your black/white mindset in which only one thing can be the cause of a loss. In my world, poor decision-making by Ole Miss AND poor refereeing can both contribute to a loss, as well as the waxing/waning moon.

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
I missed the game and can't find a box score with minutes played....is Calipari sticking with the platoon system or has that ship sailed already?

Reaction Score
I missed the game and can't find a box score with minutes played....is Calipari sticking with the platoon system or has that ship sailed already?

Definitely didn't happen last night. 8-man rotation.

Reaction Score
I only saw the end of regulation, but they did call Harrison for a hold at mid court which would have been a UK jailbreak the other way. Correct call, but if something nefarious was going on, the whistles would have been swallowed for an easy 4 point swing (breakaway for UK instead of two Ole Miss foul shots).

The double foul was absurd, though.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Ole miss's best player fouled shooting a 3 had to sub out for cramps (I think), probably makes at least 2 of 3 instead of one. That play was huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom