Refreshing for a change | The Boneyard

Refreshing for a change

Reaction Score
Was just scrolling through the Marquette forums. No gloating, no bashing us - which is a lot more than we can say for some of the others in our conference . In fact, they were quite complimentary of this UCONN team. Now maybe it's because they came away with the W and they wanted to say they beat a "great" team, but I think REASONABLE people still think we have potential to make a run - despite what we read in the BY daily.

Reaction Score
I'll second that by saying I'm pleasantly surprised at how the 'Yard is handling this painful run. Sure, some of us are freaking out, and the blame the ref schtick will never end. But overall I think reality is kicking in. And guess what? It's not that bad.

We're flawed but scary. Teams have figured out those flaws but there's enough talent here to make some changes and go on another 14 game run. It starts with more Clingan and less whining about the refs. Time to TCB.

Reaction Score
(Whispers) Marquette jumped on Sanogo's back first basket of the game that should have been an and 1. Or the Sean Jones travel to end the half that was no called.

While there were a couple calls I thought were blatantly missed including what was noted by the announcers it's not why they lost.

All starts with keeping opponents below 80 but something I hope coaches can correct.

But just wanted it out there for the record.

Team should be fine. Just need to take care of business next couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I had zero complaints with the refs last night.
I had some trouble. One, the non-travels called travel on Uconn. The constant travels never called on Marquette.

But he 4 point swing at the end of the half was the worst call of all. Newton shot the ball and it was halfway to the hoop when the shot clock buzzer sounded. Clingan grabbed the rebound all alone. Refs blew the whistle and called it a violation.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You want a refresh? Drink about 5 IPAs and put on Estimated Prophet 5/28/77. Don’t tell me that building doesn’t have some magic.
I had to look that up to make sure it wasn't a typo, with you having meant the famous 5/8/77 show at Cornell. I think I'll turn out the lights and stream it right now from Archive. Pretty sure that was the weekend I moved from West Hartford to Westport. I surely had no idea what an IPA was.

Reaction Score
Was just scrolling through the Marquette forums. No gloating, no bashing us - which is a lot more than we can say for some of the others in our conference . In fact, they were quite complimentary of this UCONN team. Now maybe it's because they came away with the W and they wanted to say they beat a "great" team, but I think REASONABLE people still think we have potential to make a run - despite what we read in the BY daily.
It’s like politics, every winner likes a “good” loser.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I had to look that up to make sure it wasn't a typo, with you having meant the famous 5/8/77 show at Cornell. I think I'll turn out the lights and stream it right now from Archive. Pretty sure that was the weekend I moved from West Hartford to Westport. I surely had no idea what an IPA was.
One of the better Brown Eyed Woman & Jack Straws in my young opinion. Plus it’s at the Worlds 2nd Most Famous Arena.

I don’t listen to 5/8/77 that much, don’t get me wrong it’s good, but you can get a better variation of sounds in other shows. Recommend DC 6/10/73, Tuscaloosa 5/17/77, and if you like anything bluesy try the late 60s. They absolutely killed live shows in the 70s and that stretch in 77 was amazing.

Reaction Score
Every game, refs are going to miss calls, that's a given, that being said, the refs calling 14 fouls against UConn was a breath of fresh air compared to the previous two losses where they were in the high twenties. The refs missed calls were not the reason UConn lost, they lost because of the turnovers and the guards not scoring enough.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom