Reflections | The Boneyard

Reflections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Outside of Boatright, I was not happy at all with the guard play from the Huskies this year. Underachieved as a group especially where needed most, scoring outside of the paint. Calhoun needs to have a Rashad Anderson type of senior season next year and I am wondering if he can gain that extra step he's gonna need to do it. Your second best guard(Purvis) struggles at the free throw line??? And he's a slasher? Samuel and Cassell Jr might as well have been ghosts this season because they didn't affect the outcome of any game I watched to the point where the opposing team had to pay extra attention to them thus taking some of the defensive pressure off of Boatright. Cassell JR was injured half way through but before that.... was not impressed what so ever. Hopefully the dude comes back next year with a vengeance.

Brimah is hungry, he'll learn how to control those "happy feet" keeping himself out of foul trouble and in the game. He'll also get better at facing up on guys and scoring. Nolan's D is coming along pretty good but he'll need to extend his scoring range in order to play at the next level. Hamilton just has to fight through that 'freshman/sophomore" wall and work on his D a bit(he was lost out there at times) and he'll be fine. He has the tools, just needs to fine tune it. Lubin??? Needs to grow a couple inches but short of Ollie and staff putting him on some medieval wrack that won't happen. He has to be able to clear out some space for rebounding. That's what he's there for. Facey?? Put on some weight man. You look like an extra in one of those UNICEF commercials. I saw him literally shoved out of the paint by guys a lot smaller.

The new guys coming in next year...who knows. When Calhoun came in he was supposed to be the second coming of Chris Smith or Ray Allen and look how that panned out so far. Hopefully Jalen Adams doesn't start his first two seasons like Kemba and Boatright did..... out of control driving into an overcrowded paint with no plan B. Enoch... gain 10 lbs and go out in the parking lot and start moving cars with your butt..... before Oct 15th!!

caw

Reaction Score
To be fair to Calhoun, he had a decent freshman year and then was injured his sophomore year and had double hip surgery before returning a third of the way through this season. He looked much better at times this year and also looked like he doesn't fully trust his body yet.

Reaction Score
Outside of Boatright, I was not happy at all with the guard play from the Huskies this year. Underachieved as a group especially where needed most, scoring outside of the paint. Calhoun needs to have a Rashad Anderson type of senior season next year and I am wondering if he can gain that extra step he's gonna need to do it. Your second best guard(Purvis) struggles at the free throw line??? And he's a slasher? Samuel and Cassell Jr might as well have been ghosts this season because they didn't affect the outcome of any game I watched to the point where the opposing team had to pay extra attention to them thus taking some of the defensive pressure off of Boatright. Cassell JR was injured half way through but before that.... was not impressed what so ever. Hopefully the dude comes back next year with a vengeance.

Brimah is hungry, he'll learn how to control those "happy feet" keeping himself out of foul trouble and in the game. He'll also get better at facing up on guys and scoring. Nolan's D is coming along pretty good but he'll need to extend his scoring range in order to play at the next level. Hamilton just has to fight through that 'freshman/sophomore" wall and work on his D a bit(he was lost out there at times) and he'll be fine. He has the tools, just needs to fine tune it. Lubin??? Needs to grow a couple inches but short of Ollie and staff putting him on some medieval wrack that won't happen. He has to be able to clear out some space for rebounding. That's what he's there for. Facey?? Put on some weight man. You look like an extra in one of those UNICEF commercials. I saw him literally shoved out of the paint by guys a lot smaller.

The new guys coming in next year...who knows. When Calhoun came in he was supposed to be the second coming of Chris Smith or Ray Allen and look how that panned out so far. Hopefully Jalen Adams doesn't start his first two seasons like Kemba and Boatright did..... out of control driving into an overcrowded paint with no plan B. Enoch... gain 10 lbs and go out in the parking lot and start moving cars with your butt..... before Oct 15th!!
What exactly is the "next level" for Nolan?? The YMCA rec league?

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I have a sick sense of humor but even I would have stayed clear of the UNICEF joke.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
The last time I saw legs that thin they were on a tripod.

Reaction Score
I have a sick sense of humor but even I would have stayed clear of the UNICEF joke.
Yeah that was probably a bit much, sorry Kenton.

"To be fair to Calhoun, he had a decent freshman year and then was injured his sophomore year and had double hip surgery before returning a third of the way through this season. He looked much better at times this year and also looked like he doesn't fully trust his body yet."[Quote from caw]
I have my fingers crossed. They are gonna need reliable outside shooting next year. Sure hope Calhoun can step up and deliver.

Reaction Score
LOL this is the same guy who lashed out at anyone who dared to criticize Pasqualoni. Lectured people on taking cheap shots.

Apparently it's ok to take cheap shots at 20 year old college kids but grown adults pulling 7 figure salaries are off limits.

LOL.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
LOL this is the same guy who lashed out at anyone who dared to criticize Pasqualoni. Lectured people on taking cheap shots.

Apparently it's ok to take cheap shots at 20 year old college kids but grown adults pulling 7 figure salaries are off limits.

LOL.

He is actually a Connecticut high school football coach posting under the name weyuo.

Reaction Score
Samuel was a complete disappointment for me. Brimah missed all Summer and needs to go to big man camp. They also need to strap 100 pound weights to his feet so he doesn't jump all of the time. He needs to learn that sometimes all you need to do is stand tall, put your arms up and let your teammates help. He's a center and thinks he needs to defend, block shots and rebound all at the same time. Amidah, pick one and do it well each time. Omar seemed to lose his confidence. If he works hard again this Summer maybe he can contribute next year. Facey can help if his offense continues to improve.

Reaction Score

Sounds like a box out parking lot drill. Can we get a tire iron into that?

Reaction Score

The Nolan mention made me laugh. You want him to extend his scoring range so he go the next level? You mean good player for UCONN right because he will never be on the NBA radar. AB you forgot to mention he is the same as KF in needing to add muscle. I have seen AB moved out by 6'0" guards for a rebound. So it isn't exclusive to KF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom