referees | The Boneyard

referees

Reaction Score
So do the refs get paid by the game or do they get a salary? If a game is cancelled do they get paid or not? Would suck to not get a check. Anyone know?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
So do the refs get paid by the game or do they get a salary? If a game is cancelled do they get paid or not? Would suck to not get a check. Anyone know?
For quite a few NCAA games is a side hustle and not their only occupation. I believe they are also unionized and hopefully smart enough to have negotiated getting paid (in part or whole) for cancellations that are no fault of their own. Side related thought/question: What COVID testing protocol are the NCAA refs under?

Reaction Score
Referees all get paid by the game. They can either get a game check plus expenses, or they can opt for a larger fee and pay their own expenses. If the game is canceled once they are there, they will still get paid. There is at least one officials union, the National Association of sports officials.

As for Covid, the referees are considered part of tier 1 and her tested at least three times a week.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Referees all get paid by the game. They can either get a game check plus expenses, or they can opt for a larger fee and pay their own expenses. If the game is canceled once they are there, they will still get paid. There is at least one officials union, the National Association of sports officials.

As for Covid, the referees are considered part of tier 1 and her tested at least three times a week.
A friend of mine is a former head of officials for the major southern conference. At the time he and his refs were paid a generous expense fee and were very well compensated.

Reaction Score
Some games I watch it seems like they must get bonus pay for number of foul calls. These touch fouls on the perimeter that don't inhibit progress are ridiculous.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom