Reeve Follows Up On Phee | The Boneyard

Reeve Follows Up On Phee

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Phee's time with the USA team last summer sure didn't hurt her. Reeve was sorta holding her breath during the draft. I hope this is not repetition.

"Reeve said Collier’s versatility, consistency and understanding of basketball’s “little things” will help her fit into a talented and experienced Lynx roster.

“She’s long, she knows how to play, she has some upside," Reeve said. "She’s going to be able to play on the perimeter as well as in the post. And just a terrific person. That’s something that we value as well.”

"Reeve said she’ll decide in the coming weeks whether to use Collier mostly at power forward, where Minnesota already has four-time All-Star Rebekkah Brunson, or at small forward, where she appeared during USA Basketball exhibition games.

“People ask us where are we going to play her," Reeve said. "We’ve got to get our group together and figure out who’s going to be best where. I can just tell you Napheesa’s going to be on the court. It doesn’t matter where.”

Phee has to be happy with that, huh?

Minnesota Lynx coach Cheryl Reeve praises ‘terrific’ Napheesa Collier after WNBA Draft

Reaction Score
I was hoping Pheesa would get picked by the Lynx. If there is a "perfect fit", this is it.
Reeves coaching style and offensive philosophy are similar to Geno's.

Agree and one might add possibly a little divine intervention. ;)
With Maya leaving to pursue her religious calling, what a perfect fit to fill the spot. I'm not saying anyone is as blessed with the talent Maya has, but with Phees ability and dedication to team and hard work, this could be a match made in heaven.
With timing being everything to have Phee still available at six and The Lynx to have that pick was a win win.
Agree with those on how smart a coach Reeves is. Having said that I bet half the Boneyard could have figured out what to do when you lose an iconic UCONN player........Pick another one! :D

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Rebekkah Brunson is apparently still suffering post-concussion symptoms stemming from a elbow she took from Tiffany Hayes last year. Also, she is 37 and has a child that is less than a year old.

It's not clear if she is coming back this year, or ever.

So yeah, should be plenty of minutes for Pheesa.

Reaction Score

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The best any player in any team sport can ask is that the coach puts them in the best situation for them to succeed. Some players go their enitre professional life and never find that situation. Pheesa certainly seems to have landed with the softest of parachutes.

Reaction Score
Rebekkah Brunson is apparently still suffering post-concussion symptoms stemming from a elbow she took from Tiffany Hayes last year. Also, she is 37 and has a child that is less than a year old.

It's not clear if she is coming back this year, or ever.

So yeah, should be plenty of minutes for Pheesa.

Love the boneyard but hate it when facts rain on my parade.......

Reaction Score
Phee's time with the USA team last summer sure didn't hurt her. Reeve was sorta holding her breath during the draft. I hope this is not repetition.

"Reeve said Collier’s versatility, consistency and understanding of basketball’s “little things” will help her fit into a talented and experienced Lynx roster.

“She’s long, she knows how to play, she has some upside," Reeve said. "She’s going to be able to play on the perimeter as well as in the post. And just a terrific person. That’s something that we value as well.”

"Reeve said she’ll decide in the coming weeks whether to use Collier mostly at power forward, where Minnesota already has four-time All-Star Rebekkah Brunson, or at small forward, where she appeared during USA Basketball exhibition games.

“People ask us where are we going to play her," Reeve said. "We’ve got to get our group together and figure out who’s going to be best where. I can just tell you Napheesa’s going to be on the court. It doesn’t matter where.”

Phee has to be happy with that, huh?

Minnesota Lynx coach Cheryl Reeve praises ‘terrific’ Napheesa Collier after WNBA Draft
SHE'S A NICE PERSON. That's important to us as well!! It sure helped us Fans to love her. Some great complements for a very nice kid and good BB player...thanks @RockyMTblue2

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom