Redskins TD taken away | The Boneyard

Redskins TD taken away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In all my years I've watching football, I have never seen that.

When players cross the end zone, the refs give it to them even if the ball goes out bounds before they land out. He ran inside the pylon.

I've seen that called a TD maybe 300+ times.

Reaction Score
Easy call, ball didn't come close to crossing pylon. Jordan Reed is a monster, love watching CT. athletes make it big.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I wouldn't agree, that's on Jackson being a showboat and gliding in as though he was assuredly in, but he had every part of his body in but the ball.

We're seeing some real dopey plays ruin some teams' playoff outlooks so far.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Clearly the ball did not cross the goal line. Good call. Even though I am a NFC East guy, I can't get excited about this game. My bad.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The instant I saw the play live I thought he was pretty brazen as he crossed, then I thought maybe I misunderstand the rule because he appeared so damn confident that he scored. Once they showed the replay I knew he was screwed.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
The instant I saw the play live I thought he was pretty brazen as he crossed, then I thought maybe I misunderstand the rule because he appeared so damn confident that he scored. Once they showed the replay I knew he was screwed.

Same here... And he's done that multiple times before, including in the all American game in HS. He's a stud, but a showboat and that cost them 4 points.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
The rule is that if YOU do not have your feet in the endzone, the ball must cross the plane. D Jax coasted to the pylon, stepped OUT OF BOUNDS, not in the end zone (albeit, inside the pylon), and the ball wasn't close to the crossing the plane.

Correct call to take away the TD and pretty clear-cut really.

Reaction Score
all I'm saying is that they rarely call it that way. Think of all the times players hit the pylon and the ball is in their outside arm. It doesn't cross there either and they don't step on the grass either.

Reaction Score
I was rooting for Washington as I can not stand the cocky Aaron Rodgers. But I didn't hold out much hope. Washington still hasn't beaten a team with a winning record this year. They are a product of their schedule. It is similar to the Jets season where the Jets have only beaten one team with a winning record a passive playing injury depleted Patriots team.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I am shocked, SHOCKED that upstater is complaining about officiating.

Shocked.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
all I'm saying is that they rarely call it that way. Think of all the times players hit the pylon and the ball is in their outside arm. It doesn't cross there either and they don't step on the grass either.

But he hit the pylon then hit his knee out of bounds, and he never got the ball across. If his knee didn't hit and he eventually stretched out, it would've been a TD.

What you are comparing it to in the past isn't the same thing. They don't call that a TD ever. It rarely happens, bc most guys aren't as dumb as DeSean.

Reaction Score
I believe if his first foot stepped into the end zone or hit the pylon it would have been a touchdown. But the first foot that crossed the goal line stepped completely out of bounds, then the second foot nicked the pylon, and the ball never crossed the goal line. If he had simply made sure his foot stepped into the end zone or kick the pylon, I believe it would have been a touchdown. Probably a moot point since they got their ass kicked in the second half.

Reaction Score
Desean Jackson is a loser, period. Washington might run away with the game if they get 7 there.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky