Red Sperm BET ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Red Sperm BET ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. I'm abnormally nervous going in. All the mojo has been set in motion. One shoe off. Didn't peek at the haiku thread. Wearing my Huskies sweatshirt. Still nervous.
  2. I HATE not scoring on the first possession.
  3. Same applies to 2nd possession.
  4. Jenkins has gotten the benefit of two really marginal calls already, and it's not 4 minutes in.
  5. Donovan beat Sorenson one-on-one for a layup. Maybe a game changing moment?
  6. DIARRA!!! My favorite bench player. Comes in at 16:16, finds a hole in the D under the basket, Newton finds him, then he finds away to score at 15:25 while getting fouled by Ledlum..
  7. Spencer to Clingan for the tie.
  8. Newton's FT give us our first lead at 13:43.
  9. Newton having himself a hell of a half.
  10. Our fans really showing out and shouting out. MSG is rocking and it's all UConn driven.
  11. Officials blow the out of bounds at 5:50. We got the board on the lousy shot they took anyway.
  12. It's a good thing Stewart made the layup when he intercepted the pass to Diarra at about the 2 minute mark in the first half.
  13. Horrible end to the half. Went from a 10 point lead to a 5 point lead in about a minute and a half. I hate letting them go into halftime with that surge of momentum.
  14. Can Newton get a triple double in the tourney? He's sitting at 20,4 & 6 at halftime.
  15. Why was Castle relegated to the bench for most of the first half? I mean Stewart's been doing a good job in his stead, but they aren't close to the same kind of player.
  16. St John's has 22 bench points to our 13 at the half.
  17. We are leading in every category except TOs, where we have 7 to Jt John's 3, and rebounding, where they are at 17 to our 15.
  18. Refs seem think that everyone tuned in to see them blow their whistles rather than watch a basketball game.
  19. The extra passes on the broken play at 14:20 and change were astounding! When Karaban's three went in, I told my wife that right there is the play that will be the difference maker in this game.
  20. Tom's got the crowd rockin' his trademark chant!
  21. Clingan's lost the ball a couple times on easy catches with barely any contact from the defender tonight.
  22. He drew a foul, but Castle going in for the layup at at 2:58 with 20 seconds on the clock was not smart basketball. Should have let the rest of the team catch up to him so they could burn 10 or 15 seconds off the clock.
  23. We're playing like crap in the last minute of the game. 25 seconds left and we're nursing a 6 point lead.
  24. Well done. Spencer burnt 4 seconds on the clock before getting fouled and getting his automatic self to the line.
  25. Diarra to the line. Good, but not Spencer automatic. Good enough though.
  26. Trying to figure out how you only win by five when your go 57,50,92 percent shooting and the opponent goes 45,45,89. Maybe turning the ball over 10 times to their 5 and getting out rebounded by 10 on the offensive boards.
  27. The motto for the post season is win and move on, and that's what we did tonight.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So we win by 5 when we burned clock for the last 9 minutes with a 12 point lead. We weren’t losing that game.

Reaction Score
  1. I'm abnormally nervous going in. All the mojo has been set in motion. One shoe off. Didn't peek at the haiku thread. Wearing my Huskies sweatshirt. Still nervous.
  2. I HATE not scoring on the first possession.
  3. Same applies to 2nd possession.
  4. Jenkins has gotten the benefit of two really marginal calls already, and it's not 4 minutes in.
  5. Donovan beat Sorenson one-on-one for a layup. Maybe a game changing moment?
  6. DIARRA!!! My favorite bench player. Comes in at 16:16, finds a hole in the D under the basket, Newton finds him, then he finds away to score at 15:25 while getting fouled by Ledlum..
  7. Spencer to Clingan for the tie.
  8. Newton's FT give us our first lead at 13:43.
  9. Newton having himself a hell of a half.
  10. Our fans really showing out and shouting out. MSG is rocking and it's all UConn driven.
  11. Officials blow the out of bounds at 5:50. We got the board on the lousy shot they took anyway.
  12. It's a good thing Stewart made the layup when he intercepted the pass to Diarra at about the 2 minute mark in the first half.
  13. Horrible end to the half. Went from a 10 point lead to a 5 point lead in about a minute and a half. I hate letting them go into halftime with that surge of momentum.
  14. Can Newton get a triple double in the tourney? He's sitting at 20,4 & 6 at halftime.
  15. Why was Castle relegated to the bench for most of the first half? I mean Stewart's been doing a good job in his stead, but they aren't close to the same kind of player.
  16. St John's has 22 bench points to our 13 at the half.
  17. We are leading in every category except TOs, where we have 7 to Jt John's 3, and rebounding, where they are at 17 to our 15.
  18. Refs seem think that everyone tuned in to see them blow their whistles rather than watch a basketball game.
  19. The extra passes on the broken play at 14:20 and change were astounding! When Karaban's three went in, I told my wife that right there is the play that will be the difference maker in this game.
  20. Tom's got the crowd rockin' his trademark chant!
  21. Clingan's lost the ball a couple times on easy catches with barely any contact from the defender tonight.
  22. He drew a foul, but Castle going in for the layup at at 2:58 with 20 seconds on the clock was not smart basketball. Should have let the rest of the team catch up to him so they could burn 10 or 15 seconds off the clock.
  23. We're playing like crap in the last minute of the game. 25 seconds left and we're nursing a 6 point lead.
  24. Well done. Spencer burnt 4 seconds on the clock before getting fouled and getting his automatic self to the line.
  25. Diarra to the line. Good, but not Spencer automatic. Good enough though.
  26. Trying to figure out how you only win by five when your go 57,50,92 percent shooting and the opponent goes 45,45,89. Maybe turning the ball over 10 times to their 5 and getting out rebounded by 10 on the offensive boards.
  27. The motto for the post season is win and move on, and that's what we did tonight.
Wasn't Castle benched with two fouls?

Reaction Score
12. I was wondering if Stew intercepted it or if Cam saw him coming. Good timing on that play.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Wasn't Castle benched with two fouls?
He was pulled following defensive lapses on two consecutive St John's possessions, but was back in after a couple minutes. Then he had another play on D that he was totally out of position, covering no-one, and it was back to the bench.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom