OT: Red Sox | The Boneyard

OT: Red Sox

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Talk about a World Series hangover. What a nightmare of a start to the season. Somebody sneaking in chicken and beer?

Reaction Score
Yeah neither will happen but if you have any tips on London let me know. Maybe the second one.

Reaction Score
Because of the long season last year, Cora decided to go easy in spring training. So he rested the regulars and starters all through spring training. And they are now playing like it's the second week of sping training. The rest of the league is weeks ahead of them. They will catch up eventually. But they have paid a price for Cora's decision.

Reaction Score
Because of the long season last year, Cora decided to go easy in spring training. So he rested the regulars and starters all through spring training. And they are now playing like it's the second week of sping training. The rest of the league is weeks ahead of them. They will catch up eventually. But they have paid a price for Cora's decision.
Here’s hoping that they don’t catch-up!!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I've no doubt this was a Red Sox brass on down decision.

Reaction Score
Totally agree. In spring training, not only do you get into game shape but you teach the team how to win. Some of you may remember Khalid El Amin and Richard Hamilton talking about winning time. For them, there was a critical time in each game when you had to knuckle down and win the game. The Sox got that last year but have not figured out this year. Don't get me wrong, they are too talented to continue to play the way they have and they will figure it out. I just hope that in September, they will not be regretting throwing all these games away.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Red Sox: "Hello Craig. We really hope you'll come to Boston and be a part of the WS Ring ceremony. Come and get that ring, boyyyy!!"

Craig Kimbrel: "Oh hell naw!!"

He says he doesn't want to be a distraction. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Totally agree. In spring training, not only do you get into game shape but you teach the team how to win. Some of you may remember Khalid El Amin and Richard Hamilton talking about winning time. For them, there was a critical time in each game when you had to knuckle down and win the game. The Sox got that last year but have not figured out this year. Don't get me wrong, they are too talented to continue to play the way they have and they will figure it out. I just hope that in September, they will not be regretting throwing all these games away.

Spring training is 100% about getting into game shape, getting timing back, etc. and 0% about "learning to win". These are professional ballplayers who won a #$*$&*ng championship just over five months ago. They didn't "forget" how to win. They likely partied a bit too hard and didn't work it off in camp. Couple that with the fact that the pitching staff was fragile to begin with and this is what we have . . .

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
The sale extension seemed crazy to me.

The fact that he’s sill throwing 89 is concerning.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So the Sox on the road just swept the team with the best record in baseball. Anyone feel better?

Reaction Score
So the Sox on the road just swept the team with the best record in baseball. Anyone feel better?

The bullpen is still a hot mess, but you knew they weren't going to play .400 baseball all season . . .

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Spring training is 100% about getting into game shape, getting timing back, etc. and 0% about "learning to win". These are professional ballplayers who won a #$*$&*ng championship just over five months ago. They didn't "forget" how to win. They likely partied a bit too hard and didn't work it off in camp. Couple that with the fact that the pitching staff was fragile to begin with and this is what we have . . .
The Sox have one thing going for them.

No other team has this:

20190316_141832(0)[1].jpg

the Q

Reaction Score
The bullpen lacks depth. But it needs more of a 2016 Andrew Miller than a Kimbrel.

I don’t think chavis will he sent back down. With Pedroias health he’s probably the best option at 2b, although I’m a Lin fan defensively.

The rotation needs to pitch better. That sale extension was a terrible idea

Husky25

Reaction Score
Red Sox: "Hello Craig. We really hope you'll come to Boston and be a part of the WS Ring ceremony. Come and get that ring, boyyyy!!"

Craig Kimbrel: "Oh hell naw!!"

He says he doesn't want to be a distraction. :rolleyes:

The bullpen is still a hot mess, but you knew they weren't going to play .400 baseball all season . . .

The bullpen is overworked because the starters can't get out of the 5th. It's not 2003 (BPBC) and Braiser is not the problem.

Not really. Just as the Sox awful start won't be the norm, neither will Tampa's hot start. An 11 game road trip right out of the gate is unreasonable. The Sox have played 22 games and after the 3-8 road trip, they are 6-5. It would have been nice to take one from a depleted Yankee team, but cest la vie. There's still 140 games left in the season.

Husky25

Reaction Score
The bullpen lacks depth. But it needs more of a 2016 Andrew Miller than a Kimbrel.

I don’t think chavis will he sent back down. With Pedroias health he’s probably the best option at 2b, although I’m a Lin fan defensively.

The rotation needs to pitch better. That sale extension was a terrible idea
I thought I heard over the weekend that, he's only played a handful of professional games at second. Still it's better than having Christian Vazquez out there.

Reaction Score
I've like almost everything Dombrowski has done lately - signing Eovaldi and Pearce, extending Sale and Bogaerts. The things I am not happy about are not signing a reliever (there were plenty out there in the off-season) and trading Blake Swihart. Swihart was one of the most athletic players on the roster. He could hit, run and play several different positions. The poor start by the starting pitchers led to this move. I think the Diamondbacks are going to love having him and we will rue the day.

the Q

Reaction Score
I've like almost everything Dombrowski has done lately - signing Eovaldi and Pearce, extending Sale and Bogaerts. The things I am not happy about are not signing a reliever (there were plenty out there in the off-season) and trading Blake Swihart. Swihart was one of the most athletic players on the roster. He could hit, run and play several different positions. The poor start by the starting pitchers led to this move. I think the Diamondbacks are going to love having him and we will rue the day.

I didn’t like the sale extension at all. No discount. No risk mitigation. Nothing.

I’m more upset about DD’s handling of swihart starting back in 2016. Should’ve traded him rather than waste a year plus with him as an outfielder.

the Q

Reaction Score
At this rate, Sox are gonna look very different by August 1.

Husky25

Reaction Score
At this rate, Sox are gonna look very different by August 1.

The Red Sox are 4 games over .500 since that debacle of an opening road trip and only 4.5 game behind the Yankees. Sale needs to figure out what ails him right quick, and once he does (and he should...I hope), they should be in line for at least the wild card come September.

Cora effectively shut down the pitching staff during Spring Training.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom