Red Fox - Meet the Champs - Schedule Update | The Boneyard

Red Fox - Meet the Champs - Schedule Update

Reaction Score
The Red Fox Owner, Fico Cecunjanin, has rescheduled Donovan Clingan and Victor Rosa, so they can attend an NIL event in LA. However, Alex Karaban will still be in the house on 5/18, informally socializing throughout the restaurant/patio, poising for photos and signing autographs. We will also have a Kotler/Karaban Podcast, raffle and amazing Red Fox food. Live music on patio.
No cover charge! The updated line-up is:
5/18 - Middletown - Alex Karaban
6/7 - Glastonbury - Alex Karaban, Donovan Clingan, Victor Rosa (with the Proud Support of Webster Private Bank)
6/22 - Middletown - Donovan Clingan, Victor Rosa
Reservations:
OpenTable.com
Red Fox Middletown: 860-740-4967
Red Fox Glastonbury: 860-430-2184

Reaction Score
So maybe this is not the place to ask these questions, but here goes….

As an alum who has always loved sports, I have directly supported the University sports by attending games and with donations to the AD. Donations have not been overwhelming but have grown recently as my disposable income has increased particularly the last few years. Questions…..

1. Is it better to support the kids through these types of events or continue to donate as I have?
  2. If supporting through these type of events is better, how exactly does it work? Is it literally handing over cash?
  3. I know Uconn has an official NIL website so maybe that is best/better than 1 or 2.
This may be naive of me, but it is a new world for all of us, and I do want to do what I can to best support something that has given me a lot of joy.

Reaction Score

As an alum who has always loved sports, I have directly supported the University sports by attending games and with donations to the AD. Donations have not been overwhelming but have grown recently as my disposable income has increased particularly the last few years. Questions…..

1. Is it better to support the kids through these types of events or continue to donate as I have?
  2. If supporting through these type of events is better, how exactly does it work? Is it literally handing over cash?
  3. I know Uconn has an official NIL website so maybe that is best/better than 1 or 2.
This may be naive of me, but it is a new world for all of us, and I do want to do what I can to best support something that has given me a lot of joy.
I think it’s a great question and you’d think and hope that supporting NIL would be factored in by the athletic department for ticket allocations and seating quality.

Reaction Score

Depends on what you want to do. Donating to the athletic department is strictly donating to UConn. The players do not receive any sort of cut from that money, but they get the indirect benefit of whatever upgrades the AD funds using that money.

NIL is going straight into the players pockets - although depending on how you give them money, they may only get a certain % of it to cover operating costs or whatever the event is.

If you want to donate to the athletes NIL in a general sense, you can give to the Bleeding Blue for Good collective. They've been mentioned on here a few times. They are a charitable organization too so donations are tax deductible (someone double check me on that).

My personal preference is to donate $$ to the UConn AD because it helps my status with season tickets, and then I will buy NIL merch to support the players.

Reaction Score
Sanford And Son Reaction GIF

Reaction Score

The business pays the player. In this case the business chooses to charge no cover as to not disenfranchise any fans. They hope to make up for what they pay the player through the usual profit margin on food and drink. It also helps the brand and they have expanded their customer base. The contract must be approved by UConn Compliance.
Thus far, the owner always wants to do another event, so he is happy with the results. He has received very favorable feedback on the events and food. The events are scheduled on Wednesday/ Thursday, since they are usually pretty booked up on the weekend anyways.

It is a great way for people to have an informal conversation with the player, maybe snap a few pictures and just have fun.

I hope you channel at least some of your “UConn Spirts Donation” funds into NIL. To have a successful program, going forward, you need good NIL activity or else we won’t be able to recruit well.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Red Fox Owner, Fico Cecunjanin, has rescheduled Donovan Clingan and Victor Rosa, so they can attend an NIL event in LA. However, Alex Karaban will still be in the house on 5/18, informally socializing throughout the restaurant/patio, poising for photos and signing autographs. We will also have a Kotler/Karaban Podcast, raffle and amazing Red Fox food. Live music on patio.
No cover charge! The updated line-up is:
5/18 - Middletown - Alex Karaban
6/7 - Glastonbury - Alex Karaban, Donovan Clingan, Victor Rosa (with the Proud Support of Webster Private Bank)
6/22 - Middletown - Donovan Clingan, Victor Rosa
Reservations:
OpenTable.com
Red Fox Middletown: 860-740-4967
Red Fox Glastonbury: 860-430-2184
What time is the 6/7 glastonbury event scheduled for? Bringing 4 people

Reaction Score
What time is the 6/7 glastonbury event scheduled for? Bringing 4 people
Thank you for your plans to attend. The 6/7 event starts around 5pm and players arrive by 6pm. I will put a flyer out the day after the 5/18 event. Just want to thank John Driscoll’s Webster Private Bank for their support of the Red Fox NIL event.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom