Red Bull losing interest | The Boneyard

Red Bull losing interest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.si.com/soccer/planet-fut...red-bulls-mls-premier-league-uefa-concussions

-If someone wanted to buy the club for 300 Mil then the deal would be done within 48 hrs. (Comes with a spiffy new state of the art stadium in a place where development is reportedly on the upswing).

-Zero chance that TH signs a contract extension, but that doesn't mean he wants to retire.

My take is that this was inevitable. I have thought this since they bought the MetroStars. This is probably a good thing because because this club and the league would be better served with an owner that wants to be in this for the long haul.

Reaction Score
http://www.si.com/soccer/planet-fut...red-bulls-mls-premier-league-uefa-concussions

-If someone wanted to buy the club for 300 Mil then the deal would be done within 48 hrs. (Comes with a spiffy new state of the art stadium in a place where development is reportedly on the upswing).

-Zero chance that TH signs a contract extension, but that doesn't mean he wants to retire.

My take is that this was inevitable. I have thought this since they bought the MetroStars. This is probably a good thing because because this club and the league would be better served with an owner that wants to be in this for the long haul.

If Red Bull is not interested, they I hope they find a buyer soon as I don't want a lack of financial interest to hurt the team. especially with a second NY MLS team on the horizon.

As for the stadium itself, went to my first game there 2 weeks ago and had a lot of fun. The area is definitely on the upswing with new condos and a hotel under construction plus the state is re-developing the local subway (PATH) station, which, of course has some controversy behind it due to politics. It's Jersey. They need to just keep the stuff that happens across the river in Newark away and put some money into fixing/upgrading the connection between the Red Bull area developments and rest of Harrison and I-280.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Couldn't you buy half the teams in the NHL for 300 million?

Reaction Score
Couldn't you buy half the teams in the NHL for 300 million?

The recent sale of the NBA Clippers for $2 billion threw all of the pricing models out the windows. Remember the old dotcom days of the early 2000's when I could have added '.com' to my name and sold myself for several million with any business plan revenue, etc. Same thing. Now every greedy owner whose ego and/or passion is not attached the team he/she owns is taking a look around.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The recent sale of the NBA Clippers for $2 billion threw all of the pricing models out the windows. Remember the old dotcom days of the early 2000's when I could have added '.com' to my name and sold myself for several million with any business plan revenue, etc. Same thing. Now every greedy owner whose ego and/or passion is not attached the team he/she owns is taking a look around.

Yeah I doubt you could get an NBA team for less than a billion. But the NHL seems to have a quantity of teams that are just DOA without huge national TV money to bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom