Recycling Back With David Benedict | The Boneyard

Recycling Back With David Benedict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just spent 40 minutes re-listening to the first interview of Benedict by JoeD and Gresh from back on July 13th this year. I suggest you do the same. With the unfortunate benefit of having seen the season implode, the points he stressed back then about the program before the season began give rise to a new and interesting interpretation.
Gresh and Joe are a bit much to take (Gresh thinks Auburn is a private school) but they draw Benedict out and he is pretty clear as to his expectations for the program.
Click on Hour 2 and enjoy!

Joe D and Gresh

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I just spent 40 minutes re-listening to the first interview of Benedict by JoeD and Gresh from back on July 13th this year. I suggest you do the same. With the unfortunate benefit of having seen the season implode, the points he stressed back then about the program before the season began give rise to a new and interesting interpretation.
Gresh and Joe are a bit much to take (Gresh thinks Auburn is a private school) but they draw Benedict out and he is pretty clear as to his expectations for the program.
Click on Hour 2 and enjoy!

Joe D and Gresh

Cliff notes pretty please?

Reaction Score
Cliff notes pretty please?
I don't do cliff notes. Hearing him stress certain issues is the whole point. For example, several mentions of how critical it is to have fans in seats. Make believe the 40 minutes of listening is in lieu of writing a 5 figure check to the University. It hurts less that way.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
You gotta feel for this guy though... Comes in here to UConn, all he has to go on with Diaco is that he went from 2-10 to 6-6 and a bowl game, and knows that if the trajectory continues (a la PJ Fleck at Western Michigan) his head football coach is gone after the season to a P5 school. So he gives him the 2 year extension, which apparently to Diaco meant he should just rest of his laurels for the year and do nothing.

Then the Big XII fall out happens... That was sweet.

Only bright spot for him has been the Field Hockey team and hoops and hockey having decent starts.

Reaction Score
You gotta feel for this guy though... Comes in here to UConn, all he has to go on with Diaco is that he went from 2-10 to 6-6 and a bowl game, and knows that if the trajectory continues (a la PJ Fleck at Western Michigan) his head football coach is gone after the season to a P5 school. So he gives him the 2 year extension, which apparently to Diaco meant he should just rest of his laurels for the year and do nothing.

Only bright spot for him has been the Field Hockey team and hoops and hockey having decent starts.

I don't blame him laying when you put it that way

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score

The only bright spot has been the Field Hockey team. Think on that for a moment.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

Anybody who watched last season with a discerning eye could tell you it mostly done with smoke and mirrors and a big turnover difference in our favor. There obviously was some improvement from 2 and 10, but it was nothing that was profound enough to put a poison pill in the buyout.

I don't believe the Rutgers rumors for absolutely 1 second and if they were true we would have been lucky enough to been in a better spot to hire a new HC with the illusion we were now a "bowl team".

He still does the bizarre fake fgs, still can't get a play in on time, still can't manage a clock and still makes other baffling decisions weekly. On top of that he is a lunatic.

So, no I don't feel bad for Diaco, Bennedict or Herbst. They are making huge money to sink our program.

I feel bad for the players and us fans.

C

Chief00

The longer this Diaco problem remains a problem, it starts becoming less of a Diaco problem and more of a Benedict problem.
Could not agree more - and Susan Herbst has her fingerprints on this disaster.

Reaction Score
Anybody who watched last season with a discerning eye could tell you it mostly done with smoke and mirrors and a big turnover difference in our favor. There obviously was some improvement from 2 and 10, but it was nothing that was profound enough to put a poison pill in the buyout.

I don't believe the Rutgers rumors for absolutely 1 second and if they were true we would have been lucky enough to been in a better spot to hire a new HC with the illusion we were now a "bowl team".

He still does the bizarre fake fgs, still can't get a play in on time, still can't manage a clock and still makes other baffling decisions weekly. On top of that he is a lunatic.

So, no I don't feel bad for Diaco, Bennedict or Herbst. They are making huge money to sink our program.

I feel bad for the players and us fans.

No improvement in 2015? The defense was ranked 15th in scoring defense and 33rd in total defense. The defense was ranked 7th in red zone defense with the 2nd lowest red zone TD % in the country. Plus, as much as he gets knocked, Shirreffs had a better year at QB in 2015 than Whitmer did in 2014. At the time, most of us felt that the win against Houston was the turning point for UConn football.

Look, I'm not a big fan of Diaco, but the team did improve in 2015, especially on defense, even if the offense still struggled. And, at the start of 2016, UConn played well enough to be in most games except Houston and USF, two top 25 teams. Looking back, it was possible to be 6-2 or 5-3 going into the East Carolina game. Something happened with the UCF game because after that game, it seemed like the players quit. Call it the curse of the Conflict Trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom