Recruits talk awkward moments with coaches | The Boneyard

Recruits talk awkward moments with coaches

Reaction Score
You'd be shocked how many schools get nixed because the coaches 1) Can't pronounce the kids names; 2) forget their family members' names; 3) ask super creepy questions.

Especially at the lower D1 and D2 levels. It's weird.
Until he graduated I think Calhoun was still calling Beverly, Darnell.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
This so called coach face timed me and he was wearing a feathered headdress and some NFL undies. He kept talking about the grind. Awkward. Next.

Reaction Score
This so called coach face timed me and he was wearing a feathered headdress and some NFL undies. He kept talking about the grind. Awkward. Next.
Heard a story once about Calipari farting during a conversation with a recruit and said "ah, life is good".

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
that link reminded me a little of this clip, which i realize also comes courtesy of @tcf15

These lesson here, I hope, is that the approach Calhoun used often lead to us getting the right kids and missing out on the glory seekers who wanted something handed to them. You can talk NBA all you want, but is your message (a) many kids who were draftable out of HS, made a brief stop here before going to the NBA or (b) many kids came here, learned how to work hard to improve their games and develop the habits of hard work that will carry hem to success in the NBA or elsewhere.

I suspect that Hurley's message is a lot like Calhoun's. Some won't want to hear it. We shouldn't despair when they don't.

Reaction Score
These lesson here, I hope, is that the approach Calhoun used often lead to us getting the right kids and missing out on the glory seekers who wanted something handed to them. You can talk NBA all you want, but is your message (a) many kids who were draftable out of HS, made a brief stop here before going to the NBA or (b) many kids came here, learned how to work hard to improve their games and develop the habits of hard work that will carry hem to success in the NBA or elsewhere.

I suspect that Hurley's message is a lot like Calhoun's. Some won't want to hear it. We shouldn't despair when they don't.

The irony, actually, is that JC got a lot of guys to work hard and improve their game while they were here in order to get to the league, but some of them completely lost the work ethic once they were there.

Donyell should have been better. Most of our 2006 NBA draft class. Thabeet. Maybe Ben Gordon. Once they stopped having JC on them all the time, they slacked.

There are, of course, examples of guys with exceptional work ethic who kept it up in the NBA, e.g. Ray.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom