Recruits and “feelings” WTH? | The Boneyard

Recruits and “feelings” WTH?

Reaction Score
I “had a feeling, UConn was getting Sam Brunelle. I feel now that every person who has feelings about a recruit has no flippin idea about where a recruit is headed and is just guessing. “I have a feeling” WTH is that? Lol

Reaction Score
I “had a feeling, UConn was getting Sam Brunelle. I feel now that every person who has feelings about a recruit has no flippin idea about where a recruit is headed and is just guessing. “I have a feeling” WTH is that? Lol
You’re right, people (myself included) are just sharing their opinions about where they think players will/will not go. Feelings that are usually based on social media, comments made, visits, family history and what not. What’s wrong with that on a discussion forum

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You’re right, people (myself included) are just sharing their opinions about where they think players will/will not go. Feelings that are usually based on social media, comments made, visits, family history and what not. What’s wrong with that on a discussion forum
:D It is like everything else in life even the good things. If you consume too much of anything then people start shaming you & calling you not so nice names like an addict or obsessed.

Reaction Score
Nothing wrong at all. However “feeling got nothing to do with it” just guesses is all.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Wait, what? Did you really think UConn was getting Brunelle despite all the dialogue on the threads about her and the "does she or doesn't she have an offer" questions? While I get the "I have a feeling about..." discussions, to use Sam as an example is a bit "off" as no way any of us would have logically thought Sam was coming to UConn given the ad nauseum posts on her recruitment. Now, saying "I had a feeling that Aliyah Boston was coming"...that would be a good example....

Reaction Score
Nothing wrong with having a feeling or a hunch about something. That is just how your interpretation might vary from others or the consensus. What is wrong is putting so much credence in it. On recruiting we are generally trying to think of the decision from the prospect's point of view, but with our valuation of the many factors that go into it.

In the absence of true insider knowledge or information, those feelings should be taken with a shaker full, especially our own feelings!

Reaction Score
The only “feeling” I ever had concerning a recruit was when I saw PB at a UCONN/ND game. Late in the game, the huskies made a huge play and I happened to catch Paige’s reaction behind the bench. While the other prospects appeared indifferent, she was locked in and hyped up. At that moment, I knew we had the advantage over the Irish :D (it was reported that she narrowed her choice down to us and ND).

Another poster threw some shade at my interpretation of her “body language” but my intuition was right (thank God because I hate being wrong lol). And now that I’m 1 for 1 with recruiting predictions, I’ll stop while I’m ahead…:rolleyes:

“In a world where you can be anything… be right KIND” :p

Reaction Score
Wait, what? Did you really think UConn was getting Brunelle despite all the dialogue on the threads about her and the "does she or doesn't she have an offer" questions? While I get the "I have a feeling about..." discussions, to use Sam as an example is a bit "off" as no way any of us would have logically thought Sam was coming to UConn given the ad nauseum posts on her recruitment. Now, saying "I had a feeling that Aliyah Boston was coming"...that would be a good example....
No one had a “feeling” about Sam but me. Feelings don’t mean squat. I was dead wrong.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom