Recruiting: Search for the Truth | The Boneyard

Recruiting: Search for the Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

Too bad that the wise comments by the author of the link cannot be required reading for blue-chip recruits and their families. It's almost comical to read about what a really big deal that host schools place on football games, knowing that the Cox family was treated to a beating of Texas U. by host ND.

On an earlier thread I quoted about recruiting from Geno's book. He described this process as both the "worst" and "most important" part of his HC job. He insisted that "There is no bull$hit" about how he does it. Diana (in the Foreword) backed him up by stating that "Everywhere else they kiss your ass!" - but not Geno.

His approach seems to work.

Reaction Score
Too bad that the wise comments by the author of the link cannot be required reading for blue-chip recruits and their families. It's almost comical to read about what a really big deal that host schools place on football games, knowing that the Cox family was treated to a beating of Texas U. by host ND.

On an earlier thread I quoted about recruiting from Geno's book. He described this process as both the "worst" and "most important" part of his HC job. He insisted that "There is no bull$hit" about how he does it. Diana (in the Foreword) backed him up by stating that "Everywhere else they kiss your ass!" - but not Geno.

His approach seems to work.
As an intelligent recruit it must be refreshing to have a break from the insincere BS.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Mark is and has been very personable and candid with his advice for years now. He was a tremendous resource when my daughters were going through the recruiting "process". If you have a child going through the process I would highly recommend getting in touch with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom