Recruiting Recruiting Recruiting | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Recruiting Recruiting Recruiting

Reaction Score
I worry if I had a giddy doctor.
If you had a very sick child that is one Giddi Doktar you'd be thrilled to have available to you. She was in charge of everything Babies--Doctors don't easily impress me but this woman did that and more. The name was very appropriate, exceptional Md, with a bubbly personality.

Reaction Score
Oh no I m not selling low. I'm Definitely selling high on ONO. In fact I wanted more ONO. Call me crazy but I even thought she should have started and CW come of the bench. CW would have brought energy and offensive surge coming off the bench and also made for better rotations. My point was more about moving forward and giving her another big to relieve some of the load she will have to carry next season. She is fouled prone and will not be able to play as aggressive defensively as she did this year because our depth at PF/C is weak. Another Defensive Big will also free up ONO who I believe is very athletic and has more range than what we seen this season. I thought she was a good passer at the high post and showed the ability to maybe hit a elbow shot to keep others bigs honest. Remember, ONO will be on an Island next year. No Pheesa to draw attention away from her.
I'm in full agreement with this--I'm not sure the Foul thing will be as big an issue as currently, we'll see.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Azzi had ankle supports on both ankles yesterday. She stayed in the locker room for all of halftime and had an adjustment made by the trainer just before the start of her second half. She limped some in the second half and did not have her usual lift. As a result, most of her misses were short.

Azzi's team went 36-2 this year. Their 2 losses were by 3 to formerly #1 Miami Country Day in the Nike TOC and yesterday's loss to formerly #4 New Hope. BTW, New Hope beat Miami Country Day on Friday. So Azzi was playing a very, very good team.

I've seen Azzi play 6x in person this year. This was by far her worst game of the season. In the D.C. City championship game, Azzi had 38 on very efficient shooting, equaling the point total of opponent Georgetown Visitation.

Don't judge Azzi on a poor performance, one in which her injury may have had an effect. Despite yesterday's game, she's a 50/40/90 shooter. I still see her as a combo of Kaleena and Maya. She and Paige were the best non-seniors in the country this season.

Reaction Score
This year's line up not only meant 2-3 Huskies played out of position but against the better teams, a bigger player switched out on many of the KLS/Collier pick and rolls, reducing one of UConn's core plays. Collier and Meg took most of the hit.

Finally, someone doing more than talking. When you only see replays, you cannot help feeling humbled in the cacophony of chatter that may just know/see more than what might have been edited out of a tape. But assuming the games I saw this year (and including the F4) were real, we really played well. All those games were winnable at critical junctures. We lost the games-- we didn't get beaten. As superior as Baylor (is) suppose to be, any other team could have triumphed over us that night. We were offensively bad with and without their doings. And we could have won the F4 against ND. And that is not wishful thinking. Interestingly, Baylor didn't blow-out Oregon. Here is what we all know and what came back to do us in: extremely poor rebounding (basically putting it in the hands of one player and occasionally a fr. guard) and, players (though well conditioned) being forced to play full minutes in highly competitive situations against players who might be equally talented, but bigger and stronger.

As for Arike at ND, it seems to me that it might have been a strategy of the coaches or herself to start slow and finish strong. That is, ND can score enough to have her conserve herself until the 4th quarter. At this jucture there are few defenders who can contend with her-- given her aggressive playing style. Aggressive here is not intended to be or seen as negative, just punishing. Uconn does not have such a luxury. All 5-players must go full-out from start to finish.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom