Recruiting Quote From The Traitor | The Boneyard

Recruiting Quote From The Traitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Relax, the traitor thing is a joke.

“Geno and I have huge respect for each other,” said Delle Donne, who has totaled 23 points in Team USA’s opening two victories in Rio. “I’m thrilled to be playing for the greatest coach in the world. To get that opportunity again and for life to come full circle, it’s pretty crazy.”

How Elena Delle Donne spurned Geno Auriemma only to reunite with him in the Olympics

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
“Someone like that decides that they need to go, it’s disappointing,” Auriemma said. “But her leaving impacting our program never even entered my mind. It had an impact on other programs because we would have won 150 games in a row with her. That would have had a bad impact on everyone else.”

Geno has been talking to TonyC. :D

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
“Someone like that decides that they need to go, it’s disappointing,” Auriemma said. “But her leaving impacting our program never even entered my mind. It had an impact on other programs because we would have won 150 games in a row with her. That would have had a bad impact on everyone else.”

The crazy thing is he isn't even exaggerating..... they would have won 150 in a row.

Reaction Score
This just shows that Geno is not only The Greatest WCBB Coach Of All Time! He also Is The Total Package as a Person! The way he cares for his Guys off the court is just as important to him. He is nothing but a class act! This is one of the reasons he also has the No.1 Program in WCBB!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score

Geno is off a whole season... TonyC was thinking 195-0

Reaction Score
Geno Auriemma: class act.

“When a coach uses a scholarship on you and then you leave that quickly, it’s usually not going to go over well,” Delle Donne said. “I expected [Auriemma] to be really rude and upset about it, but he always had great conversations with me. I think he saw, more than anything, a confused teenager and wanted to help me....

"At a U.S. junior nationals tournament in Washington D.C. the previous summer, Auriemma approached (Delaware women's basketball head coach) Martin between games and asked how Delle Donne was doing. Then he urged Martin to 'help her figure it out' because he didn’t believe Delle Donne truly hated basketball and he felt she had too much talent to walk away from the game.

“'Just like me, he wanted what’s best for her,' Martin said. 'I saw him in the state of Delaware recruiting Elena. I understand the time, energy and work that went into that. For the best player in the country to leave your program, there are a lot of coaches around the country who would not have handled that well at all. He handled it with class and dignity.'”

Siestakeyfan

Sailing at Block Island Race Week
Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members