Recruiting Hot Streak | The Boneyard

Recruiting Hot Streak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great article. We really dont see articles in the paper that are all about recruiting so this was a nice for a change. Judging from the quotes, it seems like KO is confident and knows what he is doing on the recruiting trail.

Reaction Score
As long as KO remains in Storrs, UConn will have success recruiting. I have said it a million times now, but I can't understand how a recruit wouldn't want to play for him. There are a ton of adjectives I can use to describe KO and every single one of them is good. Throw in a national championship, a 13 year NBA career, endorsements from the best players in the world................simply put, KO is a rock star. This is just the beginning.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I am interested in the DHam/Larrier bond. Just imagine DHam staying for his junior season to play with Terry :D. The Hamilton family already has NBA money coming in so DHam needing to get to the League is not a priority.

Also, why did KO say redshirt regarding Larrier. He needs to sit out this season anyway. Confusing using the word 'redshirt'.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
He's sitting out a year without using any eligibility. It's an automatic redshirt. What's the problem with the phrasing?

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
He's sitting out a year without using any eligibility. It's an automatic redshirt. What's the problem with the phrasing?
I thought redshirting was a term used for medical reasons. Or for frosh who are held back by the school. Not in a transfer situation.

Reaction Score
I thought redshirting was a term used for medical reasons. Or for frosh who are held back by the school. Not in a transfer situation.

It just means that he'll be sitting out a year without using up a year of eligibility. It can apply to any of those situations.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
I wonder if KO will compare Larrier to a sports car soon:

"He is so good," Ollie said. "He's long, athletic, and can shoot the ball. He runs the court and he's great person to be around. His teammates love him. I think he's going to take the challenge of being a redshirt, using this transfer year to sit out, as a challenge to Daniel and also a challenge to himself. Those guys are best friends but you wouldn't even know it when you get them between the lines."

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
As HBF said, it can apply to any situation where a player has to sit out a year. He'll be a Redshirt Sophomore in 2016-17, just as Purvis is a RS Jr this year.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Good read. Thanks for posting. It's basically a reply to the various opinions expressed here about our recruiting.

It's nice to hear directly from the source when so many claim to have an inside line to what is going on.

Good job by Gavin, as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky