Recruiting 2020 Scenariors | The Boneyard

Recruiting 2020 Scenariors

Reaction Score
If our dream class of Cam, Andre, and Cliff is a perfect "10" where does these classes rank for you on a scale of 1-10?

A: Andre, Kadary, Cliff
B: Andre, Kadary, Cardwell
C: Cam, Andre, Cardwell
D: Andre, Cliff, unknown player 150-200 range
E: Andre and Cardwell

For me that would rank as the following: 8, 6, 9, 6, 5

pj

Reaction Score
Andre, Cardwell, ?? is the most likely scenario and an excellent class all things considered. It keeps the team on an upward swing in talent and capabilities.

Reaction Score
A: I'd give it a 9. Richmond's got a world of potential and I don't think we'd hurt ourselves in the long run if we had him in our program compared to Thomas (although Thomas makes us a national player in 20-21, esp. with Cliff in our "Perfect 10" class).

B: Agree on the 6. Andre's the only one who I think would be ready to play significant minutes in 20-21 but Richmond and Cardwell are great program guys who can do a lot in 3-4 years, so I'd be happy with this group.

C: Agree on a 9, based on a lot of the discussion I had in "A" except substituting Cam for Cliff. Cliff should be able to give us at least good rotation minutes whereas I doubt Cardwell will in 20-21.

D: I'd give it a 7. Jackson and Cliff can both be contributors right away and have definite potential for getting the UConn name back in NBA Drafts. Adding a three-star in the vein of Vital or Giffey, someone that doesn't (in Vital's case, shouldn't have had) have to worry about serious minutes for a couple years, gives us someone who could be a good rotation piece and who knows, maybe more.

E: I'd give it a 5, too, but I'd be pretty positive with it anyways. I'd assume in this scenario we'd also add a grad transfer or keep Gilbert, both of which give us a deeper, stronger 20-21 roster than most are currently expecting. Meanwhile Jackson can be a key piece early on and I like Cardwell's potential. Wouldn't at all be upset or feel cheated if this is the group.

Overall, Jackson is clearly a great start to the class should everything stay on track and he makes it official. Cardwell's a good program piece and we'd be fortunate to land him, though Omoruyi would no doubt be a boon for our brand. Thomas would be great and I'm trying to stay sanguine on him while maintaining rational expectations. Should be entertaining to see how it plays out.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Andre + any combination of Cliff/Cardwell and/or Kadary/Cam would be a perfect score. Coming from behind to close Andre has got to be a big momentum swing for the coaching staff recruiting the rest of our top targets. I'm hoping for more sunny days ahead!

Reaction Score
E (Andre & Cardwell) is a perfect 10 because we get 2 studs, who commit in the Fall and still have an open spot for Cam or Kadary/Cliff if they wanna commit in the Spring. Ain't nobody need that kinda wait-and-see recruiting stress during basketball season.

Reaction Score
E (Andre & Cardwell) is a perfect 10 because we get 2 studs, who commit in the Fall and still have an open spot for Cam or Kadary/Cliff if they wanna commit in the Spring. Ain't nobody need that kinda wait-and-see recruiting stress during basketball season.
Very true I didn’t think of it this way. Gives us the flexibility to “wait and see” that we wouldn’t have if Cardwell doesn’t commit.

Reaction Score
Hurley has said his priority is a big guard/wing and a power forward/center for the 2020 class. Jackson and Cardwell appear to be the most realistic. If a third scholly opens up in the spring hopefully cam, cliff, or Kadary are still available

Reaction Score
Hurley has said his priority is a big guard/wing and a power forward/center for the 2020 class. Jackson and Cardwell appear to be the most realistic. If a third scholly opens up in the spring hopefully cam, cliff, or Kadary are still available
If the staff gets the third recruit they want now they sure ain't waiting until spring.

Reaction Score
If our dream class of Cam, Andre, and Cliff is a perfect "10" where does these classes rank for you on a scale of 1-10?

A: Andre, Kadary, Cliff
B: Andre, Kadary, Cardwell
C: Cam, Andre, Cardwell
D: Andre, Cliff, unknown player 150-200 range
E: Andre and Cardwell

For me that would rank as the following: 8, 6, 9, 6, 5

A: 8
B: 6
C: 8
D: 7
E: 5

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
With Dre in the bank & some major visits around the corner, Cardwell would be next in line if we can woo him to commit we will be in good shape no matter what happens after. A Cam commit this fall would be a perfect scenario, if not, Richmond would be a quality commit or we wait til the spring and see if Cliff is still interested or seek some other re-class player or transfer. I personally think Cliff is looking for exposure to make a quick jump to the pro's (1 & done) and isn't ideal for our long term plans of building the team, not to say I dont want him but with Cardwell we will have quality big for a few years which would give us depth and consistency at the position.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom