Recruit nba/college players comparisons? | The Boneyard

Recruit nba/college players comparisons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Obviously every players is different, but the comparisons are fun to make... And I'm bored as all .#+~* in the offseason.

2016:
Alterique: Isaiah Thomas? He's got a tight handle, is short and quick, reports that he was a 50%+ 3 point shooter in hs (which is probably overblown)

Vance: stockier 3 point shooter who lacks athleticism. Maybe our new rashad? Wouldn't that be nice...

Mamadou: poor mans adrien, maybe a faried

Durham: this one is tough for me. Super skinny skilled PF. We've had those but none are high ranked.

Terry Larrier: ????? I don't really know his skill set. I only watched TCFs video and highlight tapes. No 3 point shot, skinny, athletic, good size. How is the handle and defensive potential?

2017:

Big names were going after...

Hamidou: top target, oz still thinks we have him in the bag as of a couple weeks ago. Demar derozan is my best comp. athletic, skinny, long, can't shoot a three for a lick. But with a decent midrange game and nice transition game.

Makai AL:
Nick Richards:
Mohamed Bamba:
Ikey obiagu:

Looks like we're definitely after a new center to replace brimah. Maybe we're pretty confident in MAL and HD since we don't seem to be recruiting too many others?? I don't really follow recruiting much, though.

Who else are we after?

Reaction Score
I think a fair comparison for each of our incoming players is Michael Jordan from Space Jam.

Reaction Score
Alterique: Reminds me of a Isaiah Thomas (celtics)/Boatright hybrid. I think he has more basketball skills than boat and looks like a better decision maker and athleticism looks on par. Leadership skills are still tbd. New age IT can shoot the lights out so, alterique has a ways to go before we can say he can do it at this level, but the foundation is there. I don't think I have been this excited for a backcourt tandem in a while.

Vance: I'd say a shorter version of Channing Frye. Hopefully he can diversify the way he scores, but at this level I think he'll primarily be a floor spacer, with enough upside to develop some post moves, transition game, and a mid range game.

Juwan: This may sound like a stretch, but if he puts on bulk I see some Lamarcus Aldridge in him. He has the mid range and post game. He has some good awareness on both sides of the court. He might even develop into a better defender than LA. A lot to ask for, but I think the skills are there.

Larrier: I think he could develop a 3 point shot. At this point he's like a rawer version of a 20ish year old Josh Smith, if thats possible. I think his upside is through the roof though. He could be a stud on D, if he puts some work in. This coming year he'll slash, be a beast in transition, and maybe avg 4 rebs a game because of his wingspan, speed and athleticism. Mid range game isn't as good as DD and I'm not sure he'll be an iso player this year, the way DD was at times.

Mamadou: I think the Adrien comp is spot on. If he plays with the same aggression and develops those 12-15 ft jumpers, he could be really productive.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
Larrier reminds me of Paul George. His body type and athleticism is pretty comparable.

Reaction Score
Larrier reminds me of Paul George. His body type and athleticism is pretty comparable.

His upside could be George. George was really raw at fresno, but he was a career 40% shooter from 3 in college (only 2 years, but still). I doubt we see much higher than 30% from TL, although I would be okay being wrong about that.

Reaction Score
Terry Larrier = Paul George

Been saying for about a year now....

I think we will all be surprised in how good this kid will ultimately be in a couple years from now...

#bigtimetalent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS