Recruit in Union Station? | The Boneyard

Recruit in Union Station?

Reaction Score
Kid decked out in Nike EYBL geaR is just walking through union station in hartford. Looks maybe 6'9 ish. 215 lbs, fairly dark skin., I didn't get a good look enough to tell who it could be, if anyone

Any ideas if we have any recruits in the area this weekend?

Reaction Score
This guy?

Isaiah Mucius:

1626232.jpg

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Yes!! Just had a nice conversation with him. Looks way,younger withouit the effects
With the ripped upper body in the photo he has to weigh 225-230 at least.

Reaction Score
there's Hartford, Central, Quinnipiac ... and others. Why would you think a train traveler is a UConn recruit?

Reaction Score
there's Hartford, Central, Quinnipiac ... and others. Why would you think a train traveler is a UConn recruit?

Where did I say "oh a uconn recruit." A question mark--used in my title-- implies uncertainty, as in a question.

And it turns out my question was right... soo

Why was this a necessary comment?

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Where did I say "oh a UConn recruit." A question mark--used in my title-- implies uncertainty, as in a question.

So...what did you chat about?

Reaction Score
So...what did you chat about?

Just said I'm a uconn fan, asked him how EYBL is going. He seemed frustrated with his shooting a little bit. I told him some people's game doesn't translate too well to exhibitions like AAU, just keep grinding. Plenty of all stars weren't at this point in their careers but they outworked every other player.

. Let him know I'm a coach, asked what part of his game hes working on. That kind of stuff. Also talked about the trip I'm taking for the next 5 weeks. Really didn't talk basketball that much. The kids hear it all the time

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Just said I'm a UConn fan, asked him how EYBL is going. He seemed frustrated with his shooting a little bit. I told him some people's game doesn't translate too well to exhibitions like AAU, just keep grinding. Plenty of all stars weren't at this point in their careers but they outworked every other player.

. Let him know I'm a coach, asked what part of his game hes working on. That kind of stuff. Also talked about the trip I'm taking for the next 5 weeks. Really didn't talk basketball that much. The kids hear it enough.
I bet he was really excited to be talking to you.

Reaction Score
Just said I'm a UConn fan, asked him how EYBL is going. He seemed frustrated with his shooting a little bit. I told him some people's game doesn't translate too well to exhibitions like AAU, just keep grinding. Plenty of all stars weren't at this point in their careers but they outworked every other player.

. Let him know I'm a coach, asked what part of his game hes working on. That kind of stuff. Also talked about the trip I'm taking for the next 5 weeks. Really didn't talk basketball that much. The kids hear it enough.
Statements like the third paragraph are what can get a program in trouble with the NCAA.

Reaction Score
Where did I say "oh a UConn recruit." A question mark--used in my title-- implies uncertainty, as in a question.

Why do you have an "edge" to your personality.

That's what I would ask.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Statements like the third paragraph are what can get a program in trouble with the NCAA.
Agree! Fixed it.

Reaction Score
I bet he was really excited to be talking to you.

God you can't say anything in this place without people people being a wipes, can you.

This was a two minute conversation maybe I had to leave. Kid sat next to me, it's not like I followed him .. I'm not socially inept if the kid didn't want to talk I wouldn't have. Seemed like an energetic kid and was pretty talkative on his own

Reaction Score
Why do you have an "edge" to your personality.

That's what I would ask.

Because you asked a unnecessary and particularly rude question? Maybe I'm misinterpreting tone; if so, my apologies.

Reaction Score
Nope. Best way to survive this place is to have a thick skin and don't care what anyone else says. You could say water is wet on here and someone would find fault with it.
Best way to survive this place is to rarely post, but when you do, think it through for about an hour to make sure you won't offend anyone. But alas, someone is always there to get offended!

Reaction Score
Nope. Best way to survive this place is to have a thick skin and don't care what anyone else says. You could say water is wet on here and someone would find fault with it.
Don't forget the ignore button.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom