Recruit Haley jones Down to 10(!) | The Boneyard

Recruit Haley jones Down to 10(!)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Haley Jones determined to earn USA U-17 roster spot

"Jones' stock has risen in the past year. She was the 2018 Gatorade Player of the Year in California and is rated as the No. 2 recruit in the Class of 2019 nationally by ESPN HoopGurlz. She is being pursued by most of the top college programs in the country including the University of Connecticut. She made an unofficial visit to Storrs last month."

"The daughter of basketball coaches, Jones began playing hoops in third grade and joined a club squad made up of mostly high school players while she was in seventh grade. She became a starter.

Her club teammates gave her a nickname -- "Baby UConn."

"I didn't understand what that was about when I was little," Jones said with a laugh. "When I took my unofficial visit they were like, 'Oh my God, it's happening!" I don't know guys. I haven't made a decision about what I'm going to do."

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
Personally I don't like the thinking that a recruit needs to be "pushed" in anything. To me a sure sign of trouble ahead. I just want the recruit "wanting" to come to UConn, solely on her decision.
Your thought is correct for all kids headed to college, even more so for scholar athletes.

HGN

Reaction Score
Looks like the usual suspects list to me. The ' BBy Uconn' reference can be good and bad. She could have told some teammates that she is leaning towards Uconn , or the reference may push her to go in another direction just to be contrary.

Either way , I think whoever gets her will be mighty happy (parenting) with this 6'1 baby.

Reaction Score
Looks like the usual suspects list to me. The ' BBy Uconn' reference can be good and bad. She could have told some teammates that she is leaning towards Uconn , or the reference may push her to go in another direction just to be contrary.

Either way , I think whoever gets her will be mighty happy (parenting) with this 6'1 baby.

If she decides to gamble on her future "just to be contrary" about a nickname, then she is not a UConn player anyway.

HGN

Reaction Score
If she decides to gamble on her future "just to be contrary" about a nickname, then she is not a UConn player anyway.
Stranger things have happened in the BB world of recruiting and signings.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom