Recipe for next years team | The Boneyard

Recipe for next years team

Reaction Score
My biggest issue with last two years has been our inability to guard off the dribble and take people off the dribble. That’s how ND made a living in the second half. No one other than Chrystal can create there own shot. And when things breakdown this is and proved to be crucial. Next year that won’t be a problem because C. Williams, Megan, and Chrystal can do that. Also Katie next year needs to get on the block more! She is 6’3 and there is no reason she should JUST be floating around the perimeter. Shoot the three, but when they take that away post up for easier shots and get in the lane. Also Olivia and Batouly should give them more activity down low. Especially on the defensive end. Which we just haven’t had the last couple of years. If Meg and C. Williams are who I think they are, this team will actually be more versatile than last years and a bigger match up problem for teams next year. I actually think we are going to be surprised by next years team.

Reaction Score
Here we go again. I dare you to go back and count how many times KLS posted up and did not get the ball. Gabby was our best post passer for quick reactions and she was not always in the game due to her hip soreness. The problem this year will be who can make those passes. They have to be quick before the help comes and then who will spread the floor to stop the defense sagging when KLS posts up as she then is not on the perimeter. We are going to have to find other players who will occupy the defense.

And no ND made a living of getting calls from the refs in the second half.

So now you’re saying a player who couldn’t get off the bench is better than who we had on the floor, that just about sums up your post.

Reaction Score
Here we go again. I dare you to go back and count how many times KLS posted up and did not get the ball. Gabby was our best post passer for quick reactions and she was not always in the game due to her hip soreness. The problem this year will be who can make those passes. They have to be quick before the help comes and then who will spread the floor to stop the defense sagging when KLS posts up as she then is not on the perimeter. We are going to have to find other players who will occupy the defense.

So now you’re saying a player who couldn’t get off the bench is better than who we had on the floor, that just about sums up your post.
Gabby is the best passer we have had, likely ever. And she will not be replaced. We have to find a way to capitalize on the skills of the players we have. That is why Geno, CD, and co. are great coaches. They make the most out of what we have. And if we win a championship with a team containing Molly and Kyla ( and the entire bench, really ) it will be a coaching job supreme.

Reaction Score

Just watch my friend.

Reaction Score
KLS will have to be dominant next year. I’m not just talking about hitting corner threes but showing a developed game where she can impose her will against the opponent.
Last year we had too many weapons and it was a true team concept that was great but killed us in end of game possessions.
KLS for 30 plus every game.

Reaction Score
KLS will have to be dominant next year. I’m not just talking about hitting corner threes but showing a developed game where she can impose her will against the opponent.
Last year we had too many weapons and it was a true team concept that was great but killed us in end of game possessions.
KLS for 30 plus every game.
Don’t be surprised if both Lou & Pheesa demolish their numbers from their sophomore seasons. My hope is they will be splitting POY awards at the end of the year as Tina/Maya did.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Don’t be surprised if both Lou & Pheesa demolish their numbers from their sophomore seasons. My hope is they will be splitting POY awards at the end of the year as Tina/Maya did.

No UConn player has put up the kind of numbers you are suggesting. If they have to it isn't a good sign for the team.

Reaction Score
UConn has four members of the regular rotation returning. Two great forwards, one great guard and Megan, who, I think, will be very solid. So, a fifth starter and at least a couple additional subs are needed. There is also the lack of a center.

The remaining returners could provide meaningful minutes, but there is no center or great offensive player in that group.

It has been a number of years since UConn needed freshmen to contribute immediately. CW and Ododa are aware of this unusual opportunity. Ododa is a great athlete and a true center. CW has "legendary" offensive potential.

Regardless, ready or not, a fifth starter and one or subs are needed. If that means some losses during the regular season, so what. It is much more important to save the bodies of the starters and develop the skills of the other players under the fire of real games for the goal of a championship.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom