Recently Watched Movie Thread 2017 | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Recently Watched Movie Thread 2017

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
While I had no desire to see this Disney retread

I enjoyed the live action Cinderella. Beauty and the Beast was meh. I quit less than halfway thru The Jungle Book because the kid was too annoying. I flat out refuse to watch any more Disney live action remakes. It looks like they are pretty much going to remake their entire catalog. Hard pass.

Reaction Score
I enjoyed the live action Cinderella. Beauty and the Beast was meh. I quit less than halfway thru The Jungle Book because the kid was too annoying. I flat out refuse to watch any more Disney live action remakes. It looks like they are pretty much going to remake their entire catalog. Hard pass.
They'll remake them if they're still in business (tongue in cheek). Without getting overly political, they have really taken a very odd turn in their approach and the park revenue and movie sales are showing it.

The new Snow White live action remake doesn't have a white actress. She's Columbian. And they're not dwarves. It's a ragtag bunch of mixed races and genders. And there's no Prince Charming, because Snow White is a strong independent woman.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
"65" was okay. I thought some of it looked like it could've been filmed in the Northwest. Sure enough, I looked it up and they used several locations on the Oregon Coast. Spotted some Sitka spruce trees, those are quite distinctive.

I know I'm always complaining about age discrepancies of actresses and the characters they play. I've tried to just let it go, but this one took the cake. We may not have known for sure the age of the girl with Adam Driver, but he said in a transmission she looked about 9 (she really looked older than that, and as he had a teen daughter you'd think he would be more attuned to that). I looked up the actress, she was 15 at the time. A 15 year old trying to be passed off as 9?! Are you kidding me?

Reaction Score
Past Lives was really good. Recently saw Asteroid City. I’m a huge Wes Anderson fan so maybe don’t take my word for it, but I really liked it. I know it has mixed reviews so I suggest seeing for yourselves!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Time Trap. Missed this when it came out In 2018. No big names. An Archeologist is looking for two missing hippies who vanished in the 70s. Later we discover why. He disappears exploring the caves where he discovered they went. Two of his students want to find them. They need an off road car so one guy gets help from a girl he likes (an adorable Cassidy Gifford, daughter of Frank and Kathie Lee). She brings her teen sister and her friend. This group heads into the caves to find him and the secrets of the cave system are revealed. There are plenty of tense moments, some funny ones and overall this was good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom