Receivers could be strength of 2014 UConn squad (Jim Fuller) | The Boneyard

Receivers could be strength of 2014 UConn squad (Jim Fuller)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Personally, I think we're set with the skill position players. Really the only question mark on offense is the line. I might be a bit too optimistic about this, but if the line can perform at a reasonable level, I really think we can put up some points.

Reaction Score
RB, we need much better production and I don't think LM or MD are the answer be themselves. We need one of the newbies to step in and be productive.

Reaction Score
We also need someone to step up for returns. What had been a strength for so long with this program kick and punt returns were abysmal last season.

Reaction Score
RB, we need much better production and I don't think LM or MD are the answer be themselves. We need one of the newbies to step in and be productive.

LM to me is not an every down back. I equate him to the way Darren Sproles or Danny Woodhead is used in the NFL. Delorenzo I think is a much better option than McCombs as an every down back. He's a bruiser, not quick but also not afriad to run you over. I think the best option though is to split the carries and have a Todman/Dixon kinda year whether it be with Delorenzo/McCombs or another combination with the new guys coming. All in all, I think we have a enough talent/experience in he backfield to be able to have a nice run game this year, if, I like I said before, the o-line can perform.

Reaction Score
We also need someone to step up for returns. What had been a strength for so long with this program kick and punt returns were abysmal last season.

I think the too best options would be Deshon Foxx and Arkeel Newsome if he wants to see some playing time this year. Foxx has the speed and I believe he can be just like Nick Williams in the return game. I don't think Newsome will get that many carries this year unless McCombs gets hurt. So I definitely think it could help the return game to have Newsome returning the kicks.

Reaction Score
Agree DW85. I do wonder about Newsome though. His HS numbers are simply amazing. I'm hoping we've caught some lightening in a bottle ala Cauley.

Reaction Score
Agree DW85. I do wonder about Newsome though. His HS numbers are simply amazing. I'm hoping we've caught some lightening in a bottle ala Cauley.

I think Newsome should sit and learn this year. Get some carries in mop up duty and some kick returns. The line is young and inexperienced this year and even with Foley coaching iI bet there will be some hiccups. Let the line get this year under their belts then next year unleash Newsome.

Reaction Score
I think Newsome should sit and learn this year. Get some carries in mop up duty and some kick returns. The line is young and inexperienced this year and even with Foley coaching iI bet there will be some hiccups. Let the line get this year under their belts then next year unleash Newsome.

I rather see him red-shirt than "get some carries in mop up duty/some kick returns" but that may just be me.

Reaction Score
I rather see him red-shirt than "get some carries in mop up duty/some kick returns" but that may just be me.

I would like to see him redshirt too, but I think that someone with numbers like Newsome is going to get a look once a while. Just to see what the kid can do at this level. I may be wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom