Rece Davis | The Boneyard

Rece Davis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Did anyone else notice during halftime of the SU-UConn game that Rece Davis noted that SU-UConnwas one of the biggest rivalries in the Big East and would end soon with SU going to the ACC and then he said although UConn might be joing them in the not too distant future?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Pure speculation probably. One of the problems with teams jumping conferences is the loss of actual rivalry games. Cuse is going to a place where there are no natural rivals (BC?) in hoops, and gaining immediate 2nd tier status in their conference. Let's see how many of the vaunted Cuse traveling fan base ends up at the ACC tourney 6 years from now, with tickets split between 14 schools and no subways to Greensboro.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
He said it to the live audience during the Gameday taping too during a commercial break.

Reaction Score
Pure speculation probably. One of the problems with teams jumping conferences is the loss of actual rivalry games. Cuse is going to a place where there are no natural rivals (BC?) in hoops, and gaining immediate 2nd tier status in their conference. Let's see how many of the vaunted Cuse traveling fan base ends up at the ACC tourney 6 years from now, with tickets split between 14 schools and no subways to Greensboro.

Yet I still wish we were going too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Yet I still wish we were going too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Of course. But the Cuse fans that were on our board talking about the rivalry and the loudness at Gampel, etc. don't seem to realize they will never have those type of experiences on Tobacco Road. BC fans were hyped for a couple of years when Dook and UNC play at Conte, now it's just another beatdown on the schedule.

Reaction Score
Of course. But the Cuse fans that were on our board talking about the rivalry and the loudness at Gampel, etc. don't seem to realize they will never have those type of experiences on Tobacco Road. BC fans were hyped for a couple of years when Dook and UNC play at Conte, now it's just another beatdown on the schedule.
Of course, but SU basketball is infinitely better than BC basketball. I'd bet a lot of money Duke/UNC basketball fans are happy to have SU on their home schedule instead of another game against Georgia Tech.

Reaction Score
Of course, but SU basketball is infinitely better than BC basketball. I'd bet a lot of money Duke/UNC basketball fans are happy to have SU on their home schedule instead of another game against Georgia Tech.

Not really, ACC bb fans do not pay attention to, or give a damn about anything, say north of Lexington, KY.

Reaction Score
I'm sure some of the ESPN people would love that UConn goes to the ACC. That would then mean they get their whale, Notre Dame.

We keep getting these hints and innuendo from the in-the know types, be it journalists that cover expansion, AD's using guarded language, etc. But at the end of the day, it's a waiting game, with triggers not under UConn's control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom