Recap of Game and Video Interview with Kia Nurse | The Boneyard

Recap of Game and Video Interview with Kia Nurse

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This reporter says the "bug" has been running through the team, which a number of us surmised. The win all the more impressive. Would have loved the game with no bug sitting on our team, but I'll take the win. Anything the forestalls Geno's "ass kicking" works for me.

Reaction Score
I liked the ADB recap:

"Lou struggled in the first half, but managed to find her shot in the second, at one point scoring eight consecutive points. It was one of the more badass things I’ve ever seen. Most of us would be totally laid out by a stomach bug, but Lou wasn’t going to spend the game worshiping the porcelain goddess. She puked and rallied in a display of toughness rarely seen. The level of commitment, and just sheer force of will is impressive in a way that words can’t do justice. Or at least not my words. We don’t quote poetry around these here parts much, but the words of Rudyard Kipling seem pretty apt today."

Puke and Rally: UConn defeats Maryland

Also, did anyone know that Caroline and Stef were at the game? Caroline posted a pic of them on the court before the game.

Reaction Score
I kind of like this from ADP as well......

"Kia Nurse showed incredible poise and leadership throughout the game. Despite leading by 19 at one point in the second half, with UConn’s front court in foul trouble (thanks, garbage women’s basketball refs) Maryland made a late surge, getting within five with under four minutes to play. Kia, who had 19 points to go along with her five assists kept her team composed down the stretch, slowing the tempo and keeping her head when others were losing theirs (don’t stop me now, I’m on a roll)".

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I liked the ADB recap:

"Lou struggled in the first half, but managed to find her shot in the second, at one point scoring eight consecutive points. It was one of the more badass things I’ve ever seen. Most of us would be totally laid out by a stomach bug, but Lou wasn’t going to spend the game worshiping the porcelain goddess. She puked and rallied in a display of toughness rarely seen. The level of commitment, and just sheer force of will is impressive in a way that words can’t do justice. Or at least not my words. We don’t quote poetry around these here parts much, but the words of Rudyard Kipling seem pretty apt today."

Puke and Rally: UConn defeats Maryland

Also, did anyone know that Caroline and Stef were at the game? Caroline posted a pic of them on the court before the game.

Oops, sorry. Just saw this. Started another thread on the article. I love that Kipling poem "If".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom